Gaming headsets under $100?
Nov 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

oremor12

Head-Fier
I currently have the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset and want to upgrade. I pretty much game only on Call of Duty, so i am looking for something that can deliver great 3D Soundstage. I want a new headset mostly to hear where an enemy is coming from; being able to locate gun fire and footsteps. I can only spend $100, any suggestions? Thanks.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I currently have the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset and want to upgrade. I pretty much game only on Call of Duty, so i am looking for something that can deliver great 3D Soundstage. I want a new headset mostly to hear where an enemy is coming from; being able to locate gun fire and footsteps. I can only spend $100, any suggestions? Thanks.

A headset wont' magically show you where and what is happening. Knowing how to utilize it as well as one of thoes gaming mixer amps with Dolby or EAX generally do the trick.

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
A headset wont' magically show you where and what is happening. Knowing how to utilize it as well as one of thoes gaming mixer amps with Dolby or EAX generally do the trick.

I tried to look for any 'mixamps' on Amazon. Unfortunately, i couldn't find any. Well, so far, but thanks for the info!

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Nov 11, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
I tried to look for any 'mixamps' on Amazon. Unfortunately, i couldn't find any. Well, so far, but thanks for the info!

Are you gaming on PC or console?
If you are gaming on the PC, you should take a look at the Asus Xonar DG soundcard (or some of the more expensive Xonar models). It has a headphone amp and has some good reviews (I don't own it, so I can't confirm).
I don't have a headset, but I was looking for one. The Sennheiser PC 320 and Steelseries Siberia v2 both get good reviews and are within your budget. But again I don't own any of them.

You also might want to take a look at a headphone and separate microphone (that's what I'm doing right now: http://www.head-fi.org/t/635697/sennheiser-hd-439-good-all-round-headphones). I have been told that for the same budget, you can get better sound quality.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 8
Are you gaming on PC or console?
If you are gaming on the PC, you should take a look at the Asus Xonar DG soundcard (or some of the more expensive Xonar models). It has a headphone amp and has some good reviews (I don't own it, so I can't confirm).
I don't have a headset, but I was looking for one. The Sennheiser PC 320 and Steelseries Siberia v2 both get good reviews and are within your budget. But again I don't own any of them.

You also might want to take a look at a headphone and separate microphone (that's what I'm doing right now: http://www.head-fi.org/t/635697/sennheiser-hd-439-good-all-round-headphones). I have been told that for the same budget, you can get better sound quality.

Well I'm actually gaming on PS3, so that may cut down some options. & yeah I was actually thinking of just using my ATHM50S and simply attaching a boom mic to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back