gaming headset...
Oct 13, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by wol-va-rine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry Namusetae, but I don't quite get what you're saying

In short, use xfi's own positional audio and stay the hell away those crappy surround headsets. proper stereo headphones works so much better and i was not saying you should get hd595's. I used my self as an example and said that I used them rather any sucky surround headsets.

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

the HD515s and ATH - AD700 seem to also fit the bill in my price range

Then you should read some reviews and you will see ATH-AD700 best for gaming .
Bass is good for gaming ,gamer myself (America's Army--- 8 years addicted) rofl.
use ATH-AD700 and you hear your enemy's all over the map ,fragrate will rise fast ;nothing more to add

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bul2rot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you should read some reviews and you will see ATH-AD700 best for gaming .
Bass is good for gaming ,gamer myself (America's Army--- 8 years addicted) rofl.
use ATH-AD700 and you hear your enemy's all over the map ,fragrate will rise fast ;nothing more to add

I've heard that they are lacking in bass though, is my X-Fi Platinum enough to push it to get decent bass...? I can accept bass that isn't vibrating like the Barracudas, but some bass is really a must and I don't want to have to buy an amp...

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #20 of 24
I saw these at Newegg...

JVC HA-RX900...$60 shipped...

and...

JVC HA-RX700 ...$35 shipped...

would there be a noticeable difference with the 900s...? is it worth the extra $25...? or just get the 700s and do this foam mod...?

these are both in my price range, but $35 for a good set of gaming headphones would absolutely be a steal, I paid $45 for the Barracudas, looks like I should've came to this site first and I could've got the 900s for the same price with a warranty ($45 used Barracudas + ~$20 for a mic mod and the mic never ended up working anyway
mad.gif
)...

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #21 of 24
Choose between the HD 595 / 555 without foam and the AD700. They are prolly the best for your price range. Later you can buy a subwoofer.

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Choose between the HD 595 / 555 without foam and the AD700. They are prolly the best for your price range. Later you can buy a subwoofer.

buy a subwoofer...? for headphones...? I don't understood, I am a huge n00b when it comes to this stuff, I heard the JVC RX900 is the poor man's AD700, and I am poor so...

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by wol-va-rine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
buy a subwoofer...? for headphones...? I don't understood, I am a huge n00b when it comes to this stuff, I heard the JVC RX900 is the poor man's AD700, and I am poor so...

Use a splitter and run one line to the active subwoofer and then connect your headphones to the other. It was okay (when I tried that), but since I was using skype a lot during gaming I had to turn the subwoofer off. This might be what he was referring to [Headphone + Subwoofer], if not I'm sure he will elaborate.

Oct 24, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #24 of 24
I have shamed myself to no end, I bit on a Buy.com deal for the Barracuda HP-1 for $49.99 shipped, Dell had a deal for $64,99 shipped that I was contemplating, but $50 shipped tipped the scales, I will also be getting the "poor man's" A900 in the JVC HA RX900, I will play with both of those for a while and decide which I like best, the positional audio with the HP-1s was very good imo, but I had a X-Fi Platinum pushing it with gaming mode turned on, what sound card were you using lybbert...?

it seems that I am a glutton for punishment, but this time I have more of a leg to stand on with RAZER if something goes wrong (BNIB w/warranty instead of second hand), the comfort was also outstanding imo, maybe they just "fit" my ears better...? who knows, but they were more comfortable than the Sennheiser HD 201s that I'm using atm, the fading of audio with the RAZERs when turning your head to face a different direction also seemed better than the 201s, but they are the entry level Sennheisers, so I wasn't expecting much anyway...

I can see why the RAZERs get a bad rap for the build quality and customer "lack of" support, but the sound is top notch, but that could be because I'm used to some really, really bad headphones/headsets, I am actually gonna take the advice of most of the threads I see here and get the ATH A900s down the line for gaming, but not atm, though I did see some Beyerdynamic DT250s for sale on craigslist for $100, how are these for gaming...? are they comparable to the A900s or do the A900s blow everything else out of the water...?

next payday I will probably get the JVC HA RX900s and start comparing, I will probably wait until tax time to get the A900s (and maybe some 700s as well strictly for music), but those two WILL be my final cans, I'm really doing this because I want a backup set o' cans and a decent set for my son...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back