Gaming headset to 75$
Dec 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #16 of 26
I think that's what I needed to hear
gs1000.gif

I like deep bass and if you say that they are confortable also with glasses...
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:
I think that's what I needed to hear
gs1000.gif

I like deep bass and if you say that they are confortable also with glasses...
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

I can't recall fully, it was a few years back, but what i do know one hundred percent was that they were very comfortable.
The leather (pleather/bonded leather) was very chilling when you put them on, its very pillowy, most pillowy feeling headphone cushions gets hot, but the leather on these takes away more of the heat somehow. can't really explain it.

Just imagine putting to small pillows around your ear.

They created these headphones mainly to emphasize the bommpshhh sound signature to make you feel like you're really inside the game. Like i said before, works better with their creative 3D sound card, but for me, it worked okay with Realtek / Dolby Headphone Surround Sound software.

Tim

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #18 of 26
It sound great.
I think that I have the winner (If anyone will not suggest anything else...) :)

I like that it have the own sound card, but also normal jacks. Because I don't have any option to virtual 3D etc. on my sound card and also I can use them with MP3, if I will decide for it...

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #19 of 26
Hey, I didnt want to create a new thread on headsets so I'll post it here.

So I'm looking for a decent headset for LAN and gaming sessions. Now I already have DT770 + a quality sound card + desktop mic so no need to suggest those. As I said, I will use this headset only for LAN events and in important matches. The desktop mic and the Zalman clip mic both take too much background noise since I have 2 dogs and 2 birds so I really need a headset to play.

I've tried Sennheiser PC 360 and Sennheiser's ear pads just don't fit me, for some reason, I can't really play with the comfortably. My budget is about 170$ and so far I've been looking at Razer's Tiamat and Gameshark and not much else, so any recommendations? I prefer closed and around-the-ear headsets. Logitech I just don't trust, Steelseries seems kinda cheap build.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
Hey, I didnt want to create a new thread on headsets so I'll post it here.

So I'm looking for a decent headset for LAN and gaming sessions. Now I already have DT770 + a quality sound card + desktop mic so no need to suggest those. As I said, I will use this headset only for LAN events and in important matches. The desktop mic and the Zalman clip mic both take too much background noise since I have 2 dogs and 2 birds so I really need a headset to play.

I've tried Sennheiser PC 360 and Sennheiser's ear pads just don't fit me, for some reason, I can't really play with the comfortably. My budget is about 170$ and so far I've been looking at Razer's Tiamat and Gameshark and not much else, so any recommendations? I prefer closed and around-the-ear headsets. Logitech I just don't trust, Steelseries seems kinda cheap build.

Thanks in advance.

The PC 350 & PC 360 is a little small at width.

Tiamat is larger by a little bit, you might like that one if you're into 7.1, it works really well too, but can be fatiguing at times.
I'd stay away from Logitech and Steelseries. I've had their mouse pads, mouse, and keyboards. All pretty much bad quality.

I don't remember the brand, but there's another cheaper true 7.1 headphone next to the Tiamat that has been getting good reviews, you might want to look it up.

Tim

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #21 of 26
So I bought th Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Sigma headphones.
They play good, also they are very comfortable, but I have problem with the THX USB sound card.
On some frequency it "resonate" (buzz sound or how to describe it). It's really annoying, I assumed better quality.
Or it's faulty sound card?
It can be hear clearly e.g. on the beginning of PSY Gangnam style :D

With integrated sound card it's OK...

EDIT: I found that it made only on low level of volume. So I simply lowered volume with potentiometer on cable and on computer I use higher volume :)

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #22 of 26
I will say after using so many of the headsets out there so far the Siberia v2 and the gamecom 780 are the most comfortable for extended gaming periods. The game com 780 has better sound in my opinion, the bass is great. Don't get me wrong I loved the Siberia v2, but I felt it lacked just a bit in bass. I also like and auto adjust headband in the v2. But then again the velvet ear pads on the gamecom prevented a lot of sweat. The Logitech g35 was ok but not very comfortable and mic quality wasn't the greatest. Currently I am using the Razer Tiamat 7.1 elite. I would normaly not buy a headset over $100 but BestBuy had the lineup of the 7.1 marked incorrectly and had them posted for the 2.2 price of $99. so I got the 7.1($169) for $99. Its amazing, 7.1 and bass with 7.1 turned off. If you cant afford the v2 nor the Gamecom 780 wich is on sale right now at bestbuy for $59. then I would go gamecom 380.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
I will say after using so many of the headsets out there so far the Siberia v2 and the gamecom 780 are the most comfortable for extended gaming periods. The game com 780 has better sound in my opinion, the bass is great. Don't get me wrong I loved the Siberia v2, but I felt it lacked just a bit in bass. I also like and auto adjust headband in the v2. But then again the velvet ear pads on the gamecom prevented a lot of sweat. The Logitech g35 was ok but not very comfortable and mic quality wasn't the greatest. Currently I am using the Razer Tiamat 7.1 elite. I would normaly not buy a headset over $100 but BestBuy had the lineup of the 7.1 marked incorrectly and had them posted for the 2.2 price of $99. so I got the 7.1($169) for $99. Its amazing, 7.1 and bass with 7.1 turned off. If you cant afford the v2 nor the Gamecom 780 wich is on sale right now at bestbuy for $59. then I would go gamecom 380.

Not for people with glasses they're not. It jumps from the top straight to the bottom.
Also, i wouldn't say Siberia's are top of the line at all. Their microphone quality is not so good, as well as their headphone clamps are too spiffy. Your ears will sweat after prolonged gameplay compared to other headphones the same size and price.

Bestbuy is a terribly place to buy headphones/electronics in general unless its Black Friday, which i would still prefer another store. They are overpriced.

You are right about the G35, they are a little too solid and is not too comfortable for people who would like to flex them.

Tim

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:
Not for people with glasses they're not. It jumps from the top straight to the bottom.
Also, i wouldn't say Siberia's are top of the line at all. Their microphone quality is not so good, as well as their headphone clamps are too spiffy. Your ears will sweat after prolonged gameplay compared to other headphones the same size and price.

Bestbuy is a terribly place to buy headphones/electronics in general unless its Black Friday, which i would still prefer another store. They are overpriced.

You are right about the G35, they are a little too solid and is not too comfortable for people who would like to flex them.

Tim

Funny thing is I wear glasses :) And with most the headphones I have used, I still stick by the Siberia v2 and gamecom for being most comfortable. But to each their own.

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
Funny thing is I wear glasses :) And with most the headphones I have used, I still stick by the Siberia v2 and gamecom for being most comfortable. But to each their own.

You must have the smaller aluminum or metal frame glasses that doesn't have long extensions then.

"But to each their own" +1.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back