GAMING HEADPHONES - whadu guys think?
Mar 23, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
Yeah. This also might be good. But it's juat my thoughts that Audio technica is suffering like AMD.

Simple thing that If you like intel then go with sennheiser and if you like AMD then go with Audio technica anyway. I am still waitng comments from someone that HD555 or its elder brothers can handle surround sound or not. Becuase I would buy one if it's reported to do so.

What?

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
What?

My own thought
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #36 of 40
I tried the Senn PC-150's. I was really disappointed. The sound was distant and the microphone was terrible. They look good and are built well, but I expected a lot more from a company with Senn's reputation.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #37 of 40
I had pc160's which I thought were fine for listening to music. After I got um1's I realized what I was missing. The clarity of music, with a full presentation (highs, mids, lows) made the 160's seem like cheap ass phones. They were bass montsters too. Decided to sell them and get a pair that are better for music. Don't know what I'll get yet, but I'll never buy another 'gaming' headphone.

Edit: The iaudio revealed what a horrible source onboard sound is. I couldn't believe how much better the x5l made music sound regardless of which headphones I plugged into it. So now of course, I'll probably get an av710 with a DAC and an amp, since I want to use my comp as my main source. How come all the things we learn on this forum cost so much darn $$$.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #38 of 40
on a purely gaming persepctive I would side heavily on the side of the A500's over the 555's. The sig, the stage and the comfort I think all sway to AT's.

Teh Pwnerer, although a personal hero, needs to lrn2ply, Audio Technica FTW. :p

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
My own thought
smily_headphones1.gif

There's no possible way you could have been confused by your own comment as much as I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back