Galaxy s3 and CA Dacmagic Plus?
Oct 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gabor

New Head-Fier
Hi there,
I saw a lot of advice how to connect android phones to usb dac and how to use the samsung galaxy s3 in host mode to do it. But I can't use my s3 with my CA Dacmagic Plus! I have the original samsung OTA adapter connected and I also can use external storage devices. But not my DAC. When I connect the s3 and try to play music the playback switches to double speed (the indicator of the player app showing very fast movement) and no sound to be hear...
Does anybody have the same experience? Any advice?
Many thanks in advance!

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
Hi there,
I saw a lot of advice how to connect android phones to usb dac and how to use the samsung galaxy s3 in host mode to do it. But I can't use my s3 with my CA Dacmagic Plus! I have the original samsung OTA adapter connected and I also can use external storage devices. But not my DAC. When I connect the s3 and try to play music the playback switches to double speed (the indicator of the player app showing very fast movement) and no sound to be hear...
Many thanks in advance!

It doesn't work on all DACs. Tried it with my Bifrost and it didn't work. There's a list of DACs that it works with somewhere here on head-fi.

Oct 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
Hi there,
Many thanks in advance!

That's the same behaviour the HeadAmp Pico exhibits with the International S3 (the Pico works with the US one fine). The Pico does work if connected via a powered USB hub, so I would try that (although that's not too friendly a setup for a portable rig, it might suit some setup at their workstation etc).

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Hi,

I've tried the S3 with the Dacmagic, not the plus, and it worked fine with no fiddling, I'm using Power AMP on the S3, a bog standard USB OTG adaptor and cable, hope that helps

Thanks! I'd asked this awhile back on the Dacmagic thread and had hoped to find out at some point whether or not the S3 (and therefore note2) work with the DM (not plus or the DM 100). 

I guess the only trade off is that the DM works better over SPDIF/Optical than USB

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #9 of 10
Have you had any luck yet? I have an Audio GD Sparrow and it exhibits the same exact behavior.

I have yet to try a USB 2.0 hub. Have you managed to grab an output log?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back