FX Audio Dac-X6 vs Micca Origen+
Oct 14, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 7
Which one do you think is better out of these 2?

The Micca Origen+ or the FX Audio Dac-X6 with the high gain jumpers mod and opamp rolled with the LME49860?

I have a friend who own the Dac-X6 with LME49860. He said that it doesn't make much difference but I am not sure because I never heard of it myself. Also, I never tried the micca origen myself.

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 7
I have a friend who own the Dac-X6 with LME49860. He said that it doesn't make much difference but I am not sure because I never heard of it myself. Also, I never tried the micca origen myself.
If you don't mind, could you ask him how the Dac-X6 with the LME48960 and the jumpers set to high gain sounds in terms of clear audio quality, bass, mids, treble, soundstage/imaging on open backs and overall airiness?

If you are able to listen to it yourself if he lives near you, would you mind doing that and telling me?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Oct 17, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 7
If you don't mind, could you ask him how the Dac-X6 with the LME48960 and the jumpers set to high gain sounds in terms of clear audio quality, bass, mids, treble, soundstage/imaging on open backs and overall airiness?

If you are able to listen to it yourself if he lives near you, would you mind doing that and telling me?

Yup, I can definitely ask him about it. Unfortunately, he is in Malaysia and I am here in United States; I bet it is almost impossible for me to listen to the Dac-X6. Still, I let you know later about it.

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #5 of 7

This is his reply regarding your question.

"Honestly, the differences is not as big as I anticipated.
that being said, 48960 does has slightly more details and slightly airier compare to original 2134, especially gave some sibilant to m40x. soundstage is wider just ever so slightly. 2134 has slightly deeper bass.
So I suspect the reasons they use 2134 in the X6 is because: 1.) doesnt makes much different. 2.) It is cheaper than 48960. 3) Deeper bass for general population.
At the same volume, low or high gain makes no differences, as DAC-x6 has rather low noise.
As Nwavguy said: a well designed circuit will not affected much by amp rolling, provided rolling with reasonable good amps, of course.
Amps that rolled (all bought from Aliexpress):
- NE5532 (USD1.59 for 20 pcs)
- 2604 (USD1.37 for 1pc)
- 48960 (USD4.25 each)
- MUSES8920D (coming soon, USD6 each)
Worth the USD4 investment? Yes if you critical listen."

Oct 17, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #6 of 7
This is his reply regarding your question.

"Honestly, the differences is not as big as I anticipated.
that being said, 48960 does has slightly more details and slightly airier compare to original 2134, especially gave some sibilant to m40x. soundstage is wider just ever so slightly. 2134 has slightly deeper bass.
So I suspect the reasons they use 2134 in the X6 is because: 1.) doesnt makes much different. 2.) It is cheaper than 48960. 3) Deeper bass for general population.
At the same volume, low or high gain makes no differences, as DAC-x6 has rather low noise.
As Nwavguy said: a well designed circuit will not affected much by amp rolling, provided rolling with reasonable good amps, of course.
Amps that rolled (all bought from Aliexpress):
- NE5532 (USD1.59 for 20 pcs)
- 2604 (USD1.37 for 1pc)
- 48960 (USD4.25 each)
- MUSES8920D (coming soon, USD6 each)
Worth the USD4 investment? Yes if you critical listen."
Thank you very much for taking the time to ask him about this. I'll be looking into this further. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back