Fuze vs S639F
Sep 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sparky191

Headphoneus Supremus
Thinking of replacing my A818 with a S639F. An alternative would be the Fuze, which takes memory cards. I really want something with buttons. I have a 2G iPod Touch 8GB but I tend to use my A818 more for music simply because of the controls.

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 5
If you really want something with buttons then S639F would be better as Fuze incorporates the scroll wheel to navigate. Sound quality wise, I ended up preferring the S639F and sold the Fuze due to their more intimate dynamic sound (IMO) and superior functional options (better EQ, interesting shuffle options, better UI, etc).

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really want something with buttons then S639F would be better as Fuze incorporates the scroll wheel to navigate. Sound quality wise, I ended up preferring the S639F and sold the Fuze due to their more intimate dynamic sound (IMO) and superior functional options (better EQ, interesting shuffle options, better UI, etc).

I agree, as the S639 is just so much "more" when it comes to a DAP.

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 5
I actually prefer the sound of the fuze by a small margin, but they both sound very good and detailed. The Sony has a beautiful polished or glossy presentation but i prefer the slight rawness and instrument separation of the Fuze.
Unfortunatly the Sony is so much less because of its very poor functionality. No playlist, no way to rate tracks or delete album on the device, and impossible to find the last added music. All necessary if you plan to use services like Napster or Rapsody and download a lot of different music often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back