Fuuny thing...
Oct 20, 2002 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Hehehehe.

A really funny thing happened last Saturday morning.

I woke at around 7am and not having to go to work (YAY!), I decided to spend a little time on the computer. So as not to wake the rest of the household I put the HD600s on for the first time in weeks and put on an LP to listen to whilst surfing.

After a while my parents came in the room and complained of the awful noise I was making trying to sing along to the music.

My dad asked "Are you in pain?". Damn, the music was good though. Was listening to some heavy metal which is a little unusual for me - especially so early in the morning.

Hehehehehe. Does this mean the HD600s are good because they dug deeper than just the instruments/musicians and made music that moved me?

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 5
Hey Trawlerman

Good see you !!

Yes, headphone listening make us, sometimes, look strange... People do not realize what are our feelings... Try to show your parents what you are listening to...If you are not playing too hard music...ehehe

Best

Ari

Oct 21, 2002 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi Ari,

Actually, I do spend a great deal of time with my father just listening to music so we have a great relationship.

We do sometimes disagree on my choice of music at time i.e. when I play Punk but generally we just listen to Country and Bluegrass.

We do most other sthings together and envolve each other in our hobbies so thats great.

My parent were splitting their sides at my poor attempt to sing! hehe

Sound As Ever
listening to Imigrant Flower by Siobahn Mayer-Kennedy

Oct 21, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Actually, I do spend a great deal of time with my father just listening to music so we have a great relationship.

THAT is very cool. My son just started playing bass in a band that he and a couple of friends put together. I played in bands through high school and college so that experience is "bonding" us. Our tastes in music are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum, but it is still all good.

One of the many reasons I love music.

Oct 21, 2002 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 5
Trawlerman, I told you a while back in another thread to treasure these moments with your Dad. My father and I were very close and all I can say is just dig it while you can. You're fortunate to have some likes (music) in common. My father and I loved to listen to music.

I know it sounds totally corny, but you'll see...

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back