Futuresonics Atrio M5
Sep 8, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #1,741 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So would this mean that the SE530 will be better for rock? Or that it that its just more universally friendly?

Is anyone a huge Classic Rock listener around this parts? Do these do that genre well?

Cheers,

Izzy

I'm listening to my Classic Rock playlist right now.

Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall". Drums and bassline is fantastic! I'm throughly impressed by these.

Sep 9, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #1,743 of 2,359
still love my atrios
smily_headphones1.gif
it pairs pretty nice with a mini^3 also

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #1,744 of 2,359
I am considering purchasing a pair of these, as fit problems with my SF5pros are driving me up the wall.

How do they sound? I'll be using these with a Cowon D2, Sansa clip and iRiver H320. I will also use a Corda XXS, Xin Supermini or Soundrigor amplifier with them.

I mainly listen to Smooth modern jazz (e.g. Melody Gardot) and rock (Rage against the machine, KT tunstall, Amy Macdonald).

I'm looking for rich, strong bass with lively mids and a not too harsh top end. Basically, I'm pretty happy with the way the SF5pros sound, but the fit is annoying me.

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #1,745 of 2,359
I think you'll be quite pleased. I've had both and certainly didn't feel that I was downgrading. Obviously, everybody's ears are different, but they are a good quality phone, that's for sure.

My only complaint with atrios is the isolation factor, but if you're coming from the s5pro's, and you don't have a problem with their isolation, Atrios are definitely better.

Sep 10, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #1,746 of 2,359
trickywombat -- excellent post! (And hilarious avatar ...)

nsx_23 -- I think the Atrios pair brilliantly with the Sansa Clip. The combination is one of my favorites (makes it "fun" to do stuff like washing dishes, exercising, etc.).

kevhuynh -- I had really wanted the UM2s ... but for half the price, I got the Atrio M5s and am very, very happy with them. I feel I kind of missed out on the form factor, comfort and braided cables of the Westones, but I like the sound of the M5s so much I don't spend much time thinking "what if" ...

Sep 10, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #1,749 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These wouldn't be a downgrade from SF5pros yeah? The M5s are single driver, whilst the SF5pro is a dual driver...

For me, the Atrios were a substantial upgrade, taking fit, comfort, sound quality, and sound signature all into account...The number of drivers means absolutely nothing here; if anything, it's more a matter of dynamic driver vs. armature ones (where personal preference plays a large role).

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #1,754 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll probably go ampless most of the time (Don't want my XXS getting stolen at uni), but when I listen at home I will use an amp.

Still tempted by the new nanos though.

I am curious as to why you would want to get the Nano over your Cowon D2... Especially for use unamped. Is it just a looks thing?

Comparing my girlfriend's unamped Nano(gen2) vs D2 the difference is pretty significant in favour of the D2.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back