Future Sonics new MG7 Atrios are in stock now!!!
Sep 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 128

Kunlun

Headphoneus Supremus
The new MG7 driver is said to add treble sparkle and headroom to the Atrios.

There was a tweet on the Future Sonics tweeter feed that the Atrios Special Edition with MG7 is now available at The Airport Wirless store. I called and confirmed they had it. It will hopefully be available elsewhere as well soon.
 http://www.airportwireless.com/locations.htm

Sep 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 128
Boy, they really need to do a freshening up of the shell design too! It looks so dated now, and well.... in brown.... just looks kinda gross! 
tongue.gif

I'm definitely curious to hear about sonic impressions though. Are you getting a pair soon?

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 128

Quote:
Boy, they really need to do a freshening up of the shell design too! It looks so dated now, and well.... in brown.... just looks kinda gross! 
tongue.gif

I'm definitely curious to hear about sonic impressions though. Are you getting a pair soon?

It's chocolatey.

I should be getting a demo pair so I can check out the FS house sound before buying FS Ear Monitor customs. We'll see. I'm hopeful.
I'll also demo JH16s and 13s when I get earmolds done. Further bulletins as events warrant.

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 128
sick man, a new contestant for my new iems!
biggrin.gif
Hope we get impressions and reviews before i pull the trigger on ie8s
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 128
Well I'm definitely not going to an airport to buy an earphone. Are you going to be getting them Kunlun or just something of interest.

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 128
bah they're using an old design with plastic casing. Already disappointed in the design, but the new driver sounds kind of promising.

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 128
It looks like a turd. Just putting it out there. Brown is NOT a good colour for earphones. I'm looking at you, SE535. Why can't they just come in black+choices, that way if you don't like the choices you can just go for a neutral black.

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 128

Quote:
It looks like a turd. Just putting it out there. Brown is NOT a good colour for earphones. I'm looking at you, SE535. Why can't they just come in black+choices, that way if you don't like the choices you can just go for a neutral black.

Uh, they do come in different colors, including black.

Quote:
Well I'm definitely not going to an airport to buy an earphone. Are you going to be getting them Kunlun or just something of interest.

Noted. I'm sure they'll be available elsewhere, it's probably the first place that received the new driver Atrios.

Future Sonics should be sending me a free pair to test as a prelude to customs. I'm waiting to see if they'll follow through on that. The FS rep had already confirmed that he would, so...

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #9 of 128
Yeah I figured that. Any company that has all their products only available in airports would be pretty foolish. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on them.

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #10 of 128
I don't mind so much the fact that it's old desing, but the fact that it's made of plastic and no modifications have been made. Better shell material improves acoustics and because they use a bigger driver perhaps a vent would be useful to let that driver breathe to improve performance.

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 128
They did change the color from blue :p Well I have no idea what the Atrios M5/M8 sounds like other than it's supposed to be a bass monster and have really good low extension.

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #12 of 128
The old Atro has the best low extension of any IEM I heard, that include custom demo as well. If they can just add more treble extension to the mix, we could very well have an new top-tier./ near top-tier.

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 128
That's probably because DDM has a more forward mid when compared to Atrio.

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #15 of 128
yeah, well certain things can be seen as an improvement and others as a fault even when technically it does get better. Look at the sony EX700 for example improved treble over the Sony series but became sibilant and unbearable making it a lesser product. My point being that a complete overhaul will be a better approach than just tweaking in the treble, which seems to be the case.

So we'll see, considering they're using new drivers perhaps it will be a completely different sound altogether I just hope it stays coherent and lives up to the bass of the Atrio but gains other strengths in the process and not just treble, there's always room for improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back