Future Sonics new MG7 Atrios are in stock now!!!
Nov 2, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #33 of 128
So by the end of the week or early next
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't really have a desire to buy more universals as I'm pretty happy with my current lineup but maybe I'll hear them one day.

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #35 of 128
Future Sonics has been tweeting about the new Atrios...can't be all that much longer until someone gives them a listen and writes about it...

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #36 of 128
Got my demo pair today!!!

The semi-soft case for these is made from recycled tires. That's completely neat. 

I hate initial impressions because it's more about the initial emotional reaction to a purchase than a reasoned assessment of a product.

That said, with no burn-in and an hour of listening, let me say that my initial impressions are quite positive. Based on what musicians have said about it, I can see how people use these on stage. Non-fatiguing and non-artificially hyped. I've noticed that they are less power-hungry than the Monster turbine pro series but they don't mind amping at all. The Klipsch tips fit on these!  I don't think anyone's mentioned that before. I'm wondering what the older versions of these sounded like. My initial hour of listening had me thinking that it's very likely that the FS audio engineers did just what they needed to do with the treble.

I'll say more later as I get a chance to listen to these more. Of course, I'll do a bit of a review.

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #38 of 128

Quote:
Got my demo pair today!!!

Do you have a set of Atrio v2's to compare them with?  Obviously your demo pair will need to burn in first, although I don't recall them requiring too much of a burn in period...

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #39 of 128

Quote:

Do you have a set of Atrio v2's to compare them with?  Obviously your demo pair will need to burn in first, although I don't recall them requiring too much of a burn in period...

No, I don't have any v2's. I'd like to hear the older Atrios to compare.

I'll have the mg7 Atrios for about two weeks before I send them back to FS. 

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #41 of 128

Quote:
well you got two weeks of impressions then :p

Could you look through your rolodex of head-fi people and send me a non-crazy person who owns the older Atrios in NYC so I can do an audio meet up at a library or something?

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #42 of 128
Unfortunately I don't know a single person who owns the M8 or M5 in NYC let along in head-fi.

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #44 of 128
I'm wearing mine right now, but by the time they get to you....

Quote:

They did require a fair amount of burn in, the bass tightened up alot!

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #45 of 128

Quote:
No, I don't have any v2's. I'd like to hear the older Atrios to compare.

I'll have the mg7 Atrios for about two weeks before I send them back to FS. 

Maybe I can be of assistance?  PM sent.

Quote:
They did require a fair amount of burn in, the bass tightened up alot!

I went from Atrio v1's to v2's (for free, actually, my memory wires on my v1's were splitting the strain relief running up into the phones and Future Sonics warranty'd them with v2's...mad props to those guys) and the v2's were enough of an improvement over the v1's that I may not have noticed the burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back