Furutech Cruise Review by Steve Guttenberg
Nov 5, 2011 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TwoTrack

500+ Head-Fier
Very positive!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57318697-47/can-a-portable-headphone-amplifier-satisfy-demanding-audiophiles/

Nov 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 7
Nice.

Nov 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 7
I got a chance to listen to it at TAVES and it was very impressive. Great, accurate sound. The looks and design is gorgeous. You must see it in person. It's a little thicker then I would like it to be but it is still very manageable. The only thing about it that left me wanting more was the power output. I was listening to an old pair of Stantons on it and the volume didn't quite reach where I would like it too. Other then that I would definite recommend taking a listen to it if you are looking for a dac/amp.

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 7
Just want to clarify... this will work as a DAC and amp only if used with a computer via the mini-USB input, and only works as headphone amp when used with a portable device via the 3.5mm jack input right?

Doesn't it mean the sound quality will vary greatly depending on your mp3 player? I would assume the newest generation iPod Classic would sound much worse than other leading mp3 players in the market, even when paired with a nice amp like

Furutech Cruise.

Nov 6, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Well the iPod Classic has decent sound if not as good as a 5G or the RWA iMod.

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 7
The Cruise is a very nice amp, but I am surprised Steve didn't mention the hiss with his JH13 that I experienced with my JH16 and other high sensitivity CIEMs.  If it wasn't for the hiss, it would be my reference portable amp/DAC.  My review is at the bottom of the first post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back