Funny comments from the forums.
Jun 7, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #181 of 958

It's less of an issue.  For instance, could you have a slot in your closed storefront where a customer could just fill out an order form and slip it in, to be processed afterwards?  It's not so straightforward - there's quite a bit of debate on the matter.  Some see it as OK since you are not involved in any transaction on the sabbath.  If someone wants to shove an order in that's their business.  Others see that as a workaround of the issue - closed means closed basically.  (Either way, according to the second reason, they would still be involved in other Jew's transgression as even using a computer in the first place is a problem.)

Strictly speaking, Orthodox Jews are not even allowed to talk business on the Sabbath.  (In fact, one popular Sabbath song specifically points out how "thinking about it is okay, as is matchmaking.")

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #182 of 958
Quote:
There's no one at the store, you are doing the work, they are at home doing nothing.

Same with the server if they let it take orders and wait on them.  No money changes hands and they're at home doing nothing

Or maybe it's just that the stick-to-the-letter-not-the-spirit sort of thing isn't as popular as I've been lead to believe.

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #183 of 958

I order from B&H mon-thurs, and adorama friday-sun (and on jewish holidays).

I find the sabbath thing ridiculous, but they seem to care about it (and found some way to reconcile it for themselves), so more power to them. 

Found earlier today - referring to USB cables:

Quote:
I have an Angel cable (full solid 100% silver w/ FEP air-tube) from Audioquest and it is worth every penny.  These cables have their own sound signatures and are very, very distinctive. The difference is huge. Diamond (for USB) is a very good one too.  Be glad those only run around 700 USD. I paid nearly double, $1200 for my Angel.  If you have some money to spare be prepared to spend at least 200 or more if you want nice butter low end details and moderate highs.  If you want more and crisper highs (better treble extensions) with more details the solid silver is the key.

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #184 of 958
[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/73/50x50px-ZC-73b3a52e_aventadoor.jpeg[/img]
OmarCCX 5/17/12 at 9:38am
I wish I owned a Genesis haha. I spent a couple of months just browsing a genesis coupe forum, so I know quite a lot about it. That 3.8 engine sounds amazing. 
Unfortunately Puerto Rican GCs don't come with a LSD, even on the Track model. Which sucks, considering we have to pay more for it.

[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/40/50x50px-ZC-40282e0d_side.jpeg[/img]
brasewel 5/17/12 at 11:35am
Gencoupe.com?
Well the 3.8 sounds amazing with that single exit exhaust :) Looks a little ricey though

[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/73/50x50px-ZC-73b3a52e_aventadoor.jpeg[/img]
OmarCCX 5/17/12 at 11:51am
Yeah, gencoupe.com. I had to stop going there because it was going to ruin my college life and I'd end up in debt. And then I joined head-fi... which is just as bad. haha

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #185 of 958
Quote:
I'm 41 no kids single and I drive a freaking bus for a living. I would not make a good early adopter considering by the end of the night most of my patience gets used up on crazy drivers and rude/dumb people. On the plus side I've developed skin as thick as the armor on a rhino's arse

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #187 of 958
Quote:
Apologies ahead of time to the newbie who posted this, but I just couldn't let this one go...

Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams:

You have some issues with the producer of Michelle Jackson?
beyersmile.png

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #188 of 958
I prefer his boozy brother Sam's headphones... 

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #189 of 958
Quote:

Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams:

John Quincy Adams.

We need a line of presidential headphones now.  The Washington, Jackson, Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt models will be the highlights for sure.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #190 of 958
The Cleveland and Taft would be bass heavy and ponderous... I'd take the Truman bargain model though - the buck stops there. 

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #191 of 958
Off the top of my head:

D2000  by Taft - for bloated bass
ibuds by Hoover - they suck!
Monoprice by FDR -  the newest deal
ED10 by Eisenhower - I like treble spike
DT1350 portables by JFK - great for outdoor use, on trains or grassy knolls
HD700 by George Washington - we didn't chop down the treble peak

I wonder who Polk would endorse?

Jefferson thinks it doesn't matter which headphones you pick as all headphones are created to be equalized.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #192 of 958
RS220 by Lincoln - The Great Emancipator.  From cables.
LCD-2 by Teddy Roosevelt - Speak softly and carry a big stick
DT48 by Jackson - Tough as Old Hickory
LCD-2r1 (final batch) by Harrison - Dead on Arrival
HD25-1 II by Taylor - Old Rough and Ready

Help me fill in the blank here.

???? by Grant - Drunk and confused

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #194 of 958
Jun 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #195 of 958
and just so you know,when I got the headphones back from Audeze on 6/8,the wife assumed,I bought "another set of headphones",and she was chasing me all over the house with a frying pan,not any frying pan,mind you,...,the old cast iron job..,that grandma used to use...that could have affected the SQ of my new rev2's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back