Funny comments from the forums.
May 18, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #781 of 958
I've spewed forth some pretty stupid and/or funny statements in my previous 499 posts on Head-Fi. I am grateful however to have searched this thread and not found my name mentioned.

Long live Head-Fi !!

Jul 11, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #783 of 958
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #785 of 958
When asked if he needs a ground box...

Well, NO I didn't feel I needed one.
Just as you probably did I was searching the web for inexpensive tweaks to improve the sound of my system.
This quest was somewhat enhanced by the lack of news about the MP.
Since I already own all possible masturbative tools one can hope to have I stumbled over the ground box.
A ground box is typical a device that does absolutely nothing in an electronic sense so you can pin it everywhere in your system without any risk.
It's a box full of inert Schiit which could pick up an overload if it got out the ground side of your system and convert it into heat.
Some people believe it improves sound by rerouting and converting evil ghosts that live in your system.
An exorcism if you wish.
Now as I was cleaning out Constanzas Schittr and listening to some ABBA I remembered I had an empty system housing, lots of cable and some copper sheet.
So C and I looked at each other in that blinding moment of knowledge falling into place which you can only have with your closest partner and got to work.
We isolated the inside of the case, soldered an old se cables ground to the copper sheet and the other end to the ground of an old plug.
Signal was completely cut off.
Now we frumbled the copper plate into the case, filled it up with cat litter (Constanza only accepts silica gel) and filled the remaining space with epoxy resin.
The only thing that remains is a sexy spritzz of chromium paint and Bob's our uncle.
And the sound? Well after a few days of testing it keeps getting better and better.
Just like any other existing, speculated of and announced Schiit product, we cannot understand how to live without it.

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #786 of 958
Sep 22, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #787 of 958
At home I use headphones or speakers. IEMs are also good when you are cleaning the house. But I probably wouldn't go for TOTL IEMs, even though I get tempted every now and then.

you can sleep with it. you cant sleep with a headphone although you can sleep with the speaker on.

You can also get a Hifi girl/boyfriend to sleep with. Be warned they don't come cheap :) :) :)

Oct 7, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #789 of 958
Oct 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #792 of 958
just a curious thought, are these CIEM compatabile with eating or is my fitting lacking?

I have several pairs of perfectly-fit CIEMs and even then, whether or not the seal breaks when eating is never guaranteed. As long as you get a perfect seal when you're not eating (unless, for some reason, maintaining a seal while eating is important to you), then you're all good. I'd also recommend you give the silicone some time to break in; maybe they'd be flexible enough to eat with in a few weeks' time.

The seal itself doesn't break. But rather I hear some wubbling while chewing. What made me doubt the fit is that's its mainly in my left ear while the right sits tight. I wouldn't remold it for such a petty reason but was just thinking about it while chewing some steak.

Oh, that's just the sound of the IEM slightly shimmying in your ear as your canal shape changes when chewing. I think the reason why you're hearing it more on one side than the other is because ear canals are unique, even within an individual. My left canal's more troublesome than my right too, so it's certainly nothing to worry about. But, if the issue persists during normal listening, then I'd suggedt a refit.

or an upgrade :ksc75smile:

Always a good thought to have with a plate of sumptuous steak. :wink:

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #794 of 958
When HumanFly was invited to Pietro's flat to work on his audio system...

Whoa... I am sooo nervous.
Tomorrow will be my first CanJam.
For my convenience, because I'm a cripple and cannot travel much, it's right here in my house.

Constanza is grooming herself already. Putting curlers in her hair and sharpening her nails.
We have espresso, M&M's in two variaties, Gevulde Speculaas, Pizza, Salami, Dietary "Renal" Chicken munch and Monte Christos.
Because I live in an iniminitiny appartement we had to shovel some furniture out of the way.
So if so inclined the crowd can dance on the waves of Schubert, Wagner, Mahler and Zappa without breaking their legs,

I wrote all neighbors a note not to worry about the noise and that we will be finished before midnight so they can sleep without problems.
Constanza has a list of whom not to bother and whom to question about sneary posts on this thread.
All colanders are proudly polished to a shine. Who knows.. we all end up colander-dancing with our headphones well protected underneath.

Because of the enormous demands the street will be dark for I rerouted all power lines into my listening area.
The street and all stairs up to my domain will be carpeted red.
You never know when an English Teacher from the US is on his Europe tour and brightens our lives with his nobel attention.

I have four headphones tethered to four headphone amps.
The Grado's will be at their justified place in my little schiitr.
The lights are equipped with timers so they flutter when it's time to change setting.
IP-cameras will capture the whole event and stream it for the world to see.
Of course they have filters so you won't see Constanza's more animated interactions with said black-listers.

So as you can read I am well prepared.
I only have to iron my Sunday dress and polish my satin slippers.

@HumanFly ... I'm ready for you and welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back