Fun closed-back headphones recommandation with good bass
Dec 24, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #46 of 70
Oh of course, also consider the v moda m-100’s, those are fun (the original ones). They are heavy though but you can really mangle the headband to conform to your head.
I tried these and they are really too uncomfortable for me.

Dec 24, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #48 of 70
I hear that! Too heavy. Though is that the kind of sound you’re looking for?
Yes, the sound is what I am looking for even if I am not sure of the detail level of the V-moda because I tried it some time ago. That time I did not like the comfort on the V-moda and I did not like the Beyer 770 which was a big surprise for me. I really expected to love these. Also, the round cups of the 770 are a no go because I love to listen to music laying on my bed which does not really work with this shape of cups.

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #49 of 70
Yes, the sound is what I am looking for even if I am not sure of the detail level of the V-moda because I tried it some time ago. That time I did not like the comfort on the V-moda and I did not like the Beyer 770 which was a big surprise for me. I really expected to love these. Also, the round cups of the 770 are a no go because I love to listen to music laying on my bed which does not really work with this shape of cups.
The M100 with the XL Earpads. They were pretty good once you swap the stock pads. I'm being a bit biased but I find the Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back and The Astell & Kern T5p 2nd Generation to be enjoyable with a variety of genres and media.

Dec 24, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #50 of 70
The M100 with the XL Earpads. They were pretty good once you swap the stock pads. I'm being a bit biased but I find the Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back and The Astell & Kern T5p 2nd Generation to be enjoyable with a variety of genres and media.
Hi,
Thanks for the recommandation. I did not have a chance to test these and for sure I won't "blind buy" some 900USD headphones :)
I tried some open Audeze and they sounded pretty good (LCD-X, LCD-2C and Sundara). The LCD-2C was my favorite but I listen to these 3 headphones with sources that were not mine so it was tricky because I did not know the songs and how good the file quality was.

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #51 of 70
Final Audio Sonorous VI (formerly called Pandora Hope VI). Ridiculously fun.

Dec 24, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #52 of 70
Hi,
Thanks for the recommandation. I did not have a chance to test these and for sure I won't "blind buy" some 900USD headphones :)
I tried some open Audeze and they sounded pretty good (LCD-X, LCD-2C and Sundara). The LCD-2C was my favorite but I listen to these 3 headphones with sources that were not mine so it was tricky because I did not know the songs and how good the file quality was.
yayyy finally open-back
Lcd2C kinda "mellow sound" compare to the lcd X , the X darker and rich and also good bass too , since you love refined bass , i think it will suites your taste
as for Sundara , take it as a step down from 2C or X but with clarity over the song
i tried aurasonic - all i need ( progressive mix ) ;
the X was outstanding , got that right bass feel
the Sundara was enjoyable
as for the 2C : big NO !! compare to those 2

but once again , trust your ears !!!

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #53 of 70
Final Audio Sonorous VI (formerly called Pandora Hope VI). Ridiculously fun.
I do not know these and they are not so easy to find. Using Google I see that a shop has Final Audio Pandora Hope IV and the Sonorous II. Nothing else... :frowning2:

Dec 25, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #54 of 70
Hi,
That is totally understandable. Buying blind is never recommended but I've done that a few times. If you do get the chance to audition hopefully it's under more favorable conditions. If you have any questions about the cans I referenced, feel free to ask. Merry Christmas! You will find your personal audio nirvana.

Dec 27, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #55 of 70
Both of them! I havent listened to them yet so i’d have to see how each sounded to me with my ears and my brain but I see them both recommended alllll the time in my research. I think the modhouse argons are a bit more popular.

That's fair enough and yes, both strongly recommended left and right. Need to get my ears on these Fostex at some point. I love their TH-900.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 8, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #59 of 70
what to buy better me for neutral warm sound aeon2 closed 900eur vs audeze lcd-2c closed -600eur . both new.
Dont know about the LCD-2c, but I hear many would say that the tuning isn't for everyone. I used to own the Aeons, the first edition...if you can, see if you can buy the first edition Aeons for that kind of sound. There are sites that still sell them and their one off versions (from Drop.com) that are cheaper (under $500 USD or 500 euros) in price to try before you go all in on the higher price. I totally recommend the Aeons all the way for what youre looking for...not crazy analytical but pleasing, warm and full of bass thump. Just make sure your amp has the power so they sound their best.

Jan 8, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #60 of 70
Dont know about the LCD-2c, but I hear many would say that the tuning isn't for everyone. I used to own the Aeons, the first edition...if you can, see if you can buy the first edition Aeons for that kind of sound. There are sites that still sell them and their one off versions (from Drop.com) that are cheaper (under $500 USD or 500 euros) in price to try before you go all in on the higher price. I totally recommend the Aeons all the way for what youre looking for...not crazy analytical but pleasing, warm and full of bass thump. Just make sure your amp has the power so they sound their best.
i dont have or use AMP, have only dap astell kern ak sr25ii or wired from laptop listen music.does enough power from my ak sr25ii? also does drop 500€ and dan clark 900€ is same headphones?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back