1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fun all-rounder under £30

1. RoosterDude
    Hey guys! I know there's lots of threads like this but I'm hoping you can find me an IEM suited to me for my tight budget!

1. I listen to everything but classical and jazz. My favourite band is the rolling stones. I also listen to a fair bit of modern pop and hip-hop, modern and 90s dance and indie rock.
    2. Must be well built and comfortable
    3. Much rather have a fun/engaging sound than an analytical one
    4. Ideally available to buy in the UK

I await your recommendations!

2. lecky
    I think that the new Brainwavz Betas should be a contender - they're fairly neutral, so they're usable across many genres, but certainly not boring, with a well extended bass. I'm listening to Sympathy for the Devil on mine now, sounds great.

They can be sibilant, but only very occasionaly with horrific, hot recordings - if you're a Britney Spears fan, they're not for you (I'm not, I was just testing them with varied material).

They're too new to really have a more than subjective sense of the build quality, but subjectively they seem fine to me.

They can be bought online, not via a UK stockist, but mine came to the UK reasonably quickly.

I'm really impressed with these, they're outrageously good for the price.

3. RoosterDude
    Good shout mate! Haven't seen them mentioned a lot on here but they do look good! From what I've seen some people have reservations about the build quality but I guess you can't have everything for £30!

Sympathy for the devil is one of my favourite stones tracks.. absolutely love that intro! And whilst I'm not a Britney fan, I do listen to some modern pop music so maybe that could be a problem.

Saying that, I'll look into them some more. Any others I should look at?

4. kckc
    Dunu Trident. EXCELLENT build quality and definitely one of the best bang for buck earphones under £30. You can get it off frogbeats for £19 + 10% discount with discount code CROAK10. 

5. lecky
    Haven't heard any sibilance with hip hop so far...

6. dweaver
    If isolation is important I think the Beta's may be a bad choice but otherwise I would recommend them as well. Their cable is a bit thin but the strain reliefs and cable protectors seem to be pretty solid on them.

lecky likes this.
  7. RoosterDude

Quote:

Thanks for your advice everyone! I did a bit more research and eventually plumped for the Tridents. The build quality and UK stock were the winners! @kcfc, or anyone else, got advice on what tips to use.. or are the stock ones fine?

8. tinyman392

Quote:

That's a great pair of headphones.  I use the stock tips, they come with plenty of tips (I think 6 if memory serves correctly).  Just make sure you got a great seal (good doesn't ever cut it for audio quality) in both ears.