Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Jan 1, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #616 of 1,040
Yes I know, but at Schiit Audio, you should not be afraid to get bad implemented chips
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #617 of 1,040
  Yes I know, but at Schiit Audio, you should not be afraid to get bad implemented chips
beerchug.gif

What I'm trying to say is that the Schiit Modi 2 will probably sound better than the Fulla even though they use the same DACs.

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #618 of 1,040
I guess I'm kinda nervous as I'm relatively new to the Hi-Fi world lol. So you guys think the Fulla would drive the HE-400s as well as the Magni/Modi combo, or is the combo alot better and worth double the price?

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #619 of 1,040

Due to the law of diminishing returns, no, the Schiit Modi/Magni stack will not sound twice as nice as the Fulla.  However, it will sound better and be able to drive more powerful headphones as well as sensitive IEMs.
Read my reply one page before this if you want to know about driving HE-400s.

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #620 of 1,040
  Due to the law of diminishing returns, no, the Schiit Modi/Magni stack will not sound twice as nice as the Fulla.  However, it will sound better and be able to drive more powerful headphones as well as sensitive IEMs.
Read my reply one page before this if you want to know about driving HE-400s.

I am aware that they are easy to drive, but I'm also aware that it's recommend to use an amp/dac to get the best SQ. If the fulla can do 95% of what the magni/moda combo can do for the HE-400s, IMO it's not worth an extra $120. What I guess I've been trying to ask is will I get a close experience to the magni/moda combo if I go for the Fulla?

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #621 of 1,040
  I am aware that they are easy to drive, but I'm also aware that it's recommend to use an amp/dac to get the best SQ. If the fulla can do 95% of what the magni/moda combo can do for the HE-400s, IMO it's not worth an extra $120. What I guess I've been trying to ask is will I get a close experience to the magni/moda combo if I go for the Fulla?

Yes, you probably will.

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #622 of 1,040
For the price the Fulla Schiit does really good, it is a steal ( I tried and loved it ). I just can't afford one for now, santa sucked up all my money!
And the Modi 2 Uber looks great, check the Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) thread, hopefully more people join and share!

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #623 of 1,040

Personally, I believe so. Schiit does have a return policy, and with the (relatively) low price of the Fulla I'd heartily recommend purchasing it and finding out for yourself!

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #624 of 1,040
Thanks buds. Guess I'll go for the Fulla since it's pretty close to the magni/moda. I know I'm a wierdo, but I just can't justify spending double the cash on the magni/modi for a small difference in SQ, especially if the fulla comes close for half the price lol. Plus it can fit in your pocket, if need be! 

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #625 of 1,040
  Thanks buds. Guess I'll go for the Fulla since it's pretty close to the magni/moda. I know I'm a wierdo, but I just can't justify spending double the cash on the magni/modi for a small difference in SQ, especially if the fulla comes close for half the price lol. Plus it can fit in your pocket, if need be! 

No.  The only thing you should even be considering is Headamp Aristaeus.

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #627 of 1,040
Jan 1, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #629 of 1,040
Use some magic diamond solder to make magic connections between the DACs to get supreme star wars audiophile quality right?

Wrong, skrub.  You need to be in F4z3 K14n first and then take a bottle of Mountain Dew along with a bag of Doritos and throw them into a blender.  Pour the resulting liquid into a mold and use a CNC machine to carve it into the shape of an AK240.  Plug Headamp Aristaeus into the AK240 and sacrifice 666 firstborns to the illoominaughty.  Then and only then can you truly listen to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back