Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 7, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #226 of 1,040
Hey guys,

A quick heads up: we have a part contamination problem in Fulla production, so we are temporarily halting orders. I expect we'll have it worked out by 12/10, as it is a simple problem.

What happened? Some Fullas have the wrong 48k oscillator. This causes the 48k and 96k sample rates to be garbled. If yours exhibits this problem, please contact laura@schiit.com, and she will have it swapped out for you at no cost as soon as we have sorted and qualified new production (most likely a few days), or provide you with a full refund, including shipping costs, if you'd like.

Apologies for the pain, just let us know if you have problems, and give us a few days to get it sorted.

All the best,

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder
Schiit Audio

Sorry to hear about the rough start Jason. I've got a fulla en route with FedEx. Hopefully I am lucky, but if not I'm glad to see you have already identified the issue and have a resolution.

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #229 of 1,040
I would really like to know how it works with windows phones and the surface rt. I an more interested in how it works with windows phones though, it seems like every developer forgets about us windows phone users :frowning2:

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #232 of 1,040
  What's the best way to test whether we have the issue or not?

or 48k file... 

waiting for mine... hope it doesn't have this problem...
popcorn.gif

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #235 of 1,040
I would really like to know how it works with windows phones and the surface rt. I an more interested in how it works with windows phones though, it seems like every developer forgets about us windows phone users
frown.gif

It is not the developers that are forgetting about windows phone, but rather it is Microsoft that has not implemented any form of audio through the USB connection. This is widely discussed on the windows phone central forums and is a very unfortunate implementation by Microsoft on an otherwise good phone OS. I loved my windows phone but had to give it up for an iPhone due to work policies.

For now the only method of getting audio from a WP7 or WP8 is through the audio jack. I am a little hopeful that with the transition to windows 10 Microsoft may include audio out through the USB. They are supporting FLAC natively in windows 10, which is a good sign to me that Microsoft has finally noticed that people like to listen to high quality music, and with a windows PC no less. :)

As for the surface RT, I have a Fulla in route which should arrive this week (FedEx is terrible in this area) and an RT. I will let you know how it works out. I need to check for the incorrect oscillator as well, but I should be able to at least check 16/44 files. Although now that I think of it, I am not sure if I can play FLAC files on it anyway... perhaps VLC? Need to think about that one. I use the RT for my kids as I have a Pro that I use for my use and don't have any 'real' music on it.

HTH.

BTW -  I will see you at the Spring Detroit Meet up :).

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #236 of 1,040

It is not the developers that are forgetting about windows phone, but rather it is Microsoft that has not implemented any form of audio through the USB connection. This is widely discussed on the windows phone central forums and is a very unfortunate implementation by Microsoft on an otherwise good phone OS. I loved my windows phone but had to give it up for an iPhone due to work policies.

For now the only method of getting audio from a WP7 or WP8 is through the audio jack. I am a little hopeful that with the transition to windows 10 Microsoft may include audio out through the USB. They are supporting FLAC natively in windows 10, which is a good sign to me that Microsoft has finally noticed that people like to listen to high quality music, and with a windows PC no less. :)

As for the surface RT, I have a Fulla in route which should arrive this week (FedEx is terrible in this area) and an RT. I will let you know how it works out. I need to check for the incorrect oscillator as well, but I should be able to at least check 16/44 files. Although now that I think of it, I am not sure if I can play FLAC files on it anyway... perhaps VLC? Need to think about that one. I use the RT for my kids as I have a Pro that I use for my use and don't have any 'real' music on it.

HTH.

BTW -  I will see you at the Spring Detroit Meet up :).

I didn't know that audio was unsupported through USB, which is just dumb, but developers still ignore the WP OS for the most part. Most new apps are released for android and iOS at the same time with no mention of WP; i love my WP and will not switch due to lack of app support.

With the RT, you can use the MediaMonkey App for FLAC. MM can play local files, network files and can play uPnP/DLNA so you have quite a few options.

See you in AA

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #238 of 1,040
Im a little confused of the term "portable" with this amp. Unless im missing something you cant use it with tablet or phone on its own. You something with a powered USB like a laptop, correct? From my point of view thats not portable since travelling with a laptop is in the past given where tablets are today. I have never tried but, im guessing the output of something like an ipad would not power something like USB. For this device specifically a quick good search doesn't turn up a a Lightning to USB B Male cable.

Id classify this as semi portable. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #239 of 1,040
  Im a little confused of the term "portable" with this amp. Unless im missing something you cant use it with tablet or phone on its own. You something with a powered USB like a laptop, correct? From my point of view thats not portable since travelling with a laptop is in the past given where tablets are today. I have never tried but, im guessing the output of something like an ipad would not power something like USB. For this device specifically a quick good search doesn't turn up a a Lightning to USB B Male cable.

It's portable as in "does not require a power outlet to operate". Wish it came with a battery though. Well, we have Fiio for battery powered dacs

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #240 of 1,040

Traveling with a laptop is far from a thing of the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back