Full-sized Ety's please
Oct 28, 2002 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
I have pondered what I look for objectively in a headphone. I weighed it all out and I want Ety's in a full-sized headphone. I want the Ety 4 sound with air and a soundstage. I am told the HP-1000's do the job. I think they are close but not quite there....not the same resolution (due entirely to the closed nature of the etys giving the apparent superiority of resolution). Do stax do the job better? The O? I think Stax may be the ones...if so, I think maybe they are my next set.

Oct 29, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 3
Z, I think the only reason the HP-1000 doesn't reach the resolution of the Ety 4S is that it is an open headphone which can pick up outside noises easily. To my ears, it is every bit as detailed with more heft to the bass notes and more sweetness in the treble -- but I can hear the other people in my dorm (which isn't very loud, luckily).

Still, have you considered trying the 4040 system?

Oct 29, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi Dan!

I agree the HP-1's could be equal is resolving power if they were in a quiet enviro, yes I would hope they would do it. I think though...maybe Omegas are where I am at. If I go Stax I do it once only
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back