1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Full Size that sound like KSC75

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by justindth, Mar 16, 2013.
  1. JUSTINDTH
    Hey guys,

I've been playing around with headphones since jan 2010. I've owned quite a few in this time. However nothing has been as enjoyable as the $20 Koss KSC75. So far I have owned:

DT770 - 250ohm
    HD650
    SR60i
    DT880 - 600ohm
    Porta Pro
    RS1i

Now don't get me wrong each of those listed headphones are great in their own way, but for some reason I always find myself listening to the KSC75 with my fiio e11 and ipod. They just always sound great. I love the treble sparkle. Everything is just right. They sound great loud or quiet.

What I'm looking for is something that sounds Identical to the Koss's but in a large over/around the ear form. I'm thinking maybe the KSC75 got the eq/freq curve just right for my preference in rock/hardcore/punk music. Although I hear the porta pros have the same drivers, I was not impressed. Far too much bass and they lacked that treble sparkle. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. kramer5150
    I hav always thought the K240s, 55 ohm model is a better / more refined KSC75... the two are pretty similar.

I think the HF1 with flat SR60 pads kind of does it too... but with the Grado flair.

3. utdeep
    I've been looking for that since I first joined head-fi :) Good luck!

I remember the first time I found something similar was with the Grado 225s.  Nothing else in the Grado lineup made me feel that way.  None of the high-end headphones feel that way either.