++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jun 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #29,476 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
Sure. Now where in the hell do I find all of these in Korea 
confused_face_2.gif

Thanks though.

Getting a chance to listen to them is always the problem. Researching reviews and this forum can only get you about 80% of the way there in headphone selection. Gotta listen to them to find out for sure which are a best fit for you since your experience may differ from what other people experience.
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely agree a thousand times over. I will also add this. Try as hard as you can to get some ear time in before buying, but if you are in a place where you absolutely can't with the ones you're researching and you have to buy blind, the MDR-1R may be the safer bet of the three just because of the seal issues with the K550 and the cup issues with the Momentum. Where ever you buy, make sure they have a good return policy.

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #29,477 of 29,490
Quote:

Definitely agree a thousand times over. I will also add this. Try as hard as you can to get some ear time in before buying, but if you are in a place where you absolutely can't with the ones you're researching and you have to buy blind, the MDR-1R may be the safer bet of the three just because of the seal issues with the K550 and the cup issues with the Momentum. Where ever you buy, make sure they have a good return policy.

Getting a chance to listen to them is always the problem. Researching reviews and this forum can only get you about 80% of the way there in headphone selection. Gotta listen to them to find out for sure which are a best fit for you since your experience may differ from what other people experience.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a lot guys! I'll try my best to find a shop or something. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #29,479 of 29,490
Jun 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #29,482 of 29,490
This will be my first post!

Okay so i have Ath-m50s and I'm looking to upgrade them. I want to try and keep it under $300. I like the m50s but would prefer a little crispier mids and highs.

I mostly listen to hip-hop, RnB, rock, and a little bit of classical. My source is going to be iPod 4th gen with the E11. So i need some headphones that this setup can drive.  

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #29,484 of 29,490
I'm new to audio gearing, but I'm an avid gamer who loves various types of music. And now that I'm done investing on my gaming PC, I want to invest on audio peripherals a bit more seriously. I only have a Razer Megalodon with a failure rate that raises my ire.

I bought the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro last night because it was on sale for $170. After reading reviews, it seems to be a great choice for the price. I'm not quite ready to invest a lot on headphones, but I want to get into it. For my starting amp and DAC, I'm starting to decide with the E9K and E17 from FiiO (I haven't bought them yet). Mainly because the E17's compact feature provides versatility for someone new like me. Unless you guys can convince me into something else, that is.

Anyhow, my question is should I get a PCIE soundcard as well? I'm not sure if the FiiO combos will ride well for gaming purposes, so I'm wondering if it's smart to provide different sources for different audio activities and overall increase the potential of the DT990. I'm looking at the ASUS Xonar series, or the one from Creative Sound Blaster.

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #29,485 of 29,490
Quote:
I'm new to audio gearing, but I'm an avid gamer who loves various types of music. And now that I'm done investing on my gaming PC, I want to invest on audio peripherals a bit more seriously. I only have a Razer Megalodon with a failure rate that raises my ire.

I bought the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro last night because it was on sale for $170. After reading reviews, it seems to be a great choice for the price. I'm not quite ready to invest a lot on headphones, but I want to get into it. For my starting amp and DAC, I'm starting to decide with the E9K and E17 from FiiO (I haven't bought them yet). Mainly because the E17's compact feature provides versatility for someone new like me. Unless you guys can convince me into something else, that is.

Anyhow, my question is should I get a PCIE soundcard as well? I'm not sure if the FiiO combos will ride well for gaming purposes, so I'm wondering if it's smart to provide different sources for different audio activities and overall increase the potential of the DT990. I'm looking at the ASUS Xonar series, or the one from Creative Sound Blaster.

That's OT here.  There are other sections of the forum for computer audio and various types of amps.

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #29,487 of 29,490
Quote:
So after reading this thread for a while ...
(snip)
In my case, after deciding my post had got lost in the weeds, I decided to go back and read. After a while, I decided that a pair of Sony MDR 7506 sounded like they fit the bill, as it were. I guess I'll find out some time next week how well that estimation turns out.
(snip)

Took the new Sony's to work today and fired them up on my Bravo Audio V2. I immediately turned the iPod EQ off. These cans make my Audio Technica ATH M40fs cans sound really bad lol. The 7506's are said to be very flat, and they deserve that reputation. Awesome set of cans for less than $90 USD. They aren't quite as nice as my Beyer DT770's (I rather enjoy the response curve of those better), but for my new set of work cans, they sound great right out of the box. No clue if they will exhibit any difference after a period of use (the mystical "break in" period), but I kind of hope they don't - they are quite nice as they are. And they are probably half the weight of the M40's, and just as comfy. W00t.

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #29,488 of 29,490
Since we now have a dedicated forum for asking for advice, please feel free to post a thread with your question. 
smile.gif

Dec 30, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #29,489 of 29,490
Hi guys I will purchasing second hand Akg K550 or K271 mkii. I need open soundstage, detail and flat sound.
I focusing only sound.
Im listening orchestral soundtracks, smooth jazz. Acoustics.
Can you give me advice? Which one is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back