++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Sep 21, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #7,366 of 29,490
Perhaps you can check out an Ultrasone headphone (HFI-580/DJ1, DJ1 Pro, and PRO 750 come to mind) or the Phiaton MS400's. They don't require an amp and satisfy the bassheads around here.

Pro 900, XB1000, XB700. some others to consider. For subwoofer bass te XB series instantly comes to mind. I love my Pro 750, but for those genres I'd try and make the jump to the Pro 900.

None of these should need an amp to sound excellent.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #7,368 of 29,490
HeLlo ..

I know opened headphones are better for gaming, and to be specefic.. The ad700 is a good gaming headphones.. But does this mean th a700. A bad headphone if its used for gaming? Ad is opened and A is not... I prefer closed but if it bad for gaming i have no choice then.. So ill pick the AD700.... Please answer my question and dont go far away while answering.. Im still open to other headpones choices.. But range is around 130$

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #7,369 of 29,490
I thought Monster didn't sell official replacement Beats cables.

China :wink:

Honestly though you can find them on eBay frequently for people that don't use that cable. Though I think AIAIAI sells a similar cable if it's not included. I owned the v1 and haven't kept up with the new included accesories.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #7,370 of 29,490
HeLlo ..

I know opened headphones are better for gaming, and to be specefic.. The ad700 is a good gaming headphones.. But does this mean th a700. A bad headphone if its used for gaming? Ad is opened and A is not... I prefer closed but if it bad for gaming i have no choice then.. So ill pick the AD700.... Please answer my question and dont go far away while answering.. Im still open to other headpones choices.. But range is around 130$

Open is always recommended for gaming because of soundstage. It's the most important thing to have in a gaming headphone because it lets you position sounds much better.

I game with both and can say I prefer open for positioning and closed for immersion.

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #7,372 of 29,490

Quote:
HeLlo ..

While the A700 has a good soundstage, it has lot of resonance through the midrange which makes pinpointing directions more difficult. 

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #7,373 of 29,490

The band I play in is going to iems and the pair that come with the system suck. I play electric guitar and sometimes fill in on bass guitar. I have been look at some earphones in 100-200 range and wonder what I should get. I would also be great to be able to wear them over the ear. I have a pair of klipsh s2 that I love. There are 3 pairs I am looking at the klipsh custom 3, etymotic hf3, ue 700. I also have heard good things about westone and Shure. I open to any suggestions. I would also like to use these with my iPhone 4 and a fiio e7 amp. Thanks!

Tell me what you think is the best.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #7,375 of 29,490

Looking for a set of comfortable, circumaural headphones that are easily-driven, forgiving, and most importantly; CHEAP.

It will be plugged directly into a TV for gaming and watching shows. I can't imagine that source being very nice, which is the reason behind the easily-driven/forgiving requirement.

Hoping to spend less than $50. For now, I'll be using my k81dj but TBH they aren't the most comfortable things in the world - and I prefer circumaural for comfort/home use. 

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #7,376 of 29,490
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTF600-S-Step-Monitor/dp/B004MMEI8W

30 bucks shipped, but amazing sound.  They are vented, so some sound does leak out (more than average leaks out/below average isolation), but it has pretty decent soundstage and I love the bass on it (which may hurt a bit if you are going for positional accuracy in FPS)
Quote:

Looking for a set of comfortable, circumaural headphones that are easily-driven, forgiving, and most importantly; CHEAP.

It will be plugged directly into a TV for gaming and watching shows. I can't imagine that source being very nice, which is the reason behind the easily-driven/forgiving requirement.

Hoping to spend less than $50. For now, I'll be using my k81dj but TBH they aren't the most comfortable things in the world - and I prefer circumaural for comfort/home use. 

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #7,377 of 29,490
Question: Between the HD25-1 II, DT770 (specify if pro or premium), or HFI580s

Which can would be best for rock in the vein of Third Eye Blind, and the full spectrum of electronica ranging anywhere on the elctronic spectrum from minimal,  to progressive, house, techno, electro, trance, psytrance, psycho, and indie electronica, etc.?

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #7,378 of 29,490

Quote:
Question: Between the HD25-1 II, DT770 (specify if pro or premium), or HFI580s

Which can would be best for rock in the vein of Third Eye Blind, and the full spectrum of electronica ranging anywhere on the elctronic spectrum from minimal,  to progressive, house, techno, electro, trance, psytrance, psycho, and indie electronica, etc.?

I would go without a doubt with the DT770 Pro 80Ohms. The bass is very tight and in the right amount and the soundstage is quite wide for a closed headphone and are easier to drive than the DT770 Pro 250Ohms. Also they are very tough looking and sturdy, so they will stand heavy abuse. Be careful if you music library is of poor quality recording, they will be unbareable.

I didn´t like the HD25-1 II when I loaned them, because the muffled sound and congested soundstage, but they would be fine if you like music to be just in your face. Also the ultratight fit combined with the supra-aural design was a total nightmare for me. They will be great if you are a DJ and need a set of headphones that can gives you a lot of punch without any definition.

I haven´t tried the HFI-580, so I will tell you the conclusions infered from what I have read, but I suppose they will be more forgiving (a lot surely) than the DT770 Pro (which shouts in the treble with bad recordings). I assume the bass will be looser and less controlled than in the DT770 Pro.

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #7,379 of 29,490
Hello my name is Sam and I having lurking this forum for quite a while.

But it seems like more I read the more I get confused, so can you guys help me out?

I promise to be as helpful as I can be from my end and be as specific as I can.

I'm looking for something between $0-$500.

Unfortunately, I am going to be using my laptop or ipod classic.

I prefer closed as I like to listen in public places but I don't mind if it's open.

Comfort is not that important to me as long as it's not clamping down on my head.

I listen to Pop and Alternative mostly with movies every now and then. (The Maine, Six Pence None the Richer, Carolina Liars, Coldplay, Ingird Michaelson, Hellogoodbye)

My music ranges from gentle soft tones to peppy pop rock/alternative but nothing close to heavy metal.

I want the best sound quality possible for my music first and my movies second.

If you give me a good reason too, I am more than willing to spend more as money isn't a big issue.

As for the amp, I am planning on getting a Meier Audio Stepdance

I'm leaning towards Denon AH-D2000 as of now but is there anything better suited for me?

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #7,380 of 29,490

Quote:
Popular options: Shure 750/840, Audio Technica M50/Pro700mk2, Ultrasone HFi 580. These are all full sized and bassy headphones with good isolation and are generally well regarded on these forums. They are all also quite easy to drive and you will not need a new soundcard or amp, although upgrading in the future is something you can always consider.

Thanks for your info. The Audio Technica M50's looked nice and I may get them. But how much better quality I would get using some DAC? I'm afraid that the integrated soundcard is pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back