++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Aug 31, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #6,781 of 29,490

Quote:
So I think I have narrowed down what I think I'm going to get but I still do not know because I have not listened to the Denon but I did have a chance to listen to the Beyer DT 77o Pro.  So those are up against the Denon ADH-2000 or ADH-5000.  So has anyone heard the differences between those three models?

Which DT-770 Pro, 80-Ohm or 250-Ohm, If it's the 250-Ohm, you will need a headphone amplifier.

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #6,782 of 29,490
Okay so I'm probably going to purchase my first HiFi headphones tomorrow. I'm in between the Sennheiser HD600 and the Grado MS2i.

The Grado MS2i seem to intrigue me more for some reason, but I think that the Sennheiser would be more versatile as far my varying choice of genre is concerned.

(From Classic Rock to Dubstep)

Please help me decide. I know they arent' the most expensive headphones but it's still a major investment for me as I am in college.

Thanks again for Head-fi's great community. I plan to stick around.

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #6,783 of 29,490

Quote:
Okay so I'm probably going to purchase my first HiFi headphones tomorrow. I'm in between the Sennheiser HD600 and the Grado MS2i.

The Grado MS2i seem to intrigue me more for some reason, but I think that the Sennheiser would be more versatile as far my varying choice of genre is concerned.

(From Classic Rock to Dubstep)

Please help me decide. I know they arent' the most expensive headphones but it's still a major investment for me as I am in college.

Thanks again for Head-fi's great community. I plan to stick around.

The HD600 really want an amp behind them to sound their best. Without amp, the MS2i may be your better option

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #6,784 of 29,490

Quote:

The Sennheisers and Audio Technicas you listed are top of the heap for gaming headphones (and the PC360 is basically the same with a mic). The AD700 will have a slightly wider soundstage, and the Senns will give a bit more bass and will sit a little more securely if you're the type that shakes your head a lot.

Wow, thanks for the reply so quick! This thread rocks!

So I assume the better soundstage is something that would improve the positioning in games?

If so, I reckon bass from a top of the heap headset will still be great, even if beaten by the Senns. AD 700s it is.

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #6,785 of 29,490

Quote:
The HD600 really want an amp behind them to sound their best. Without amp, the MS2i may be your better option

Ahhh. I'm so back and forth on it now. I may eventually get an amp, but for now it will be without. So you think playing .flac files through my Macbook and just regular iPod the MS2i would be the better choice? I'm just scared the MS2i won't play trance/dubstep like the HD600 would. If you think it would, then I'll probably go with the MS2i then. They are actually a little cheaper anyways.

I'd love some more feedback on my predicament guys! HD600 or MS2i. I'm buying one or the other tomorrow. 

Which one has better durability as I have not heard comparison in that aspect between the two.

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #6,786 of 29,490

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the reply so quick! This thread rocks!

So I assume the better soundstage is something that would improve the positioning in games?

If so, I reckon bass from a top of the heap headset will still be great, even if beaten by the Senns. AD 700s it is.

Yes, soundstage and positioning for games is tightly related. You will typically want something open backed and leaner in the bass (or at the very least have very fast decay in the bass). 

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #6,789 of 29,490
I already own a Pair of Superlux 668Bs, Modded SR60is and a pair of Fischer Audio DBA-02s(Almost Custom Level Performance). My usual audio equipment is a GrubDAC or Rckbx'd 5.5G to Mini3 and I'm looking to expand my headphone collection. I already have an amazing pair of IEMs for on the go, so my criteria for these cans is

Around 200$(Hopefully less but If I can get a lot better pair for 250$ I'm willing)
Comfort, I want them to be confortable for long listening.
Open or Closed

I listen to everything and lately I have been dipping into speaker designs and built myself a really nice pair of DIY referance bookshelf speakers that have a ribbon tweeter. I'm looking for this clear treble and a beefy kick for when I listen to Dubstep and so on. The clear treble is for when I listen to oldies like Louie Armstrong and Jimmy Hendrix to get an amazingly detailed recording sound.

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #6,791 of 29,490

Quote:

Ahhh. I'm so back and forth on it now. I may eventually get an amp, but for now it will be without. So you think playing .flac files through my Macbook and just regular iPod the MS2i would be the better choice? I'm just scared the MS2i won't play trance/dubstep like the HD600 would. If you think it would, then I'll probably go with the MS2i then. They are actually a little cheaper anyways.

I'd love some more feedback on my predicament guys! HD600 or MS2i. I'm buying one or the other tomorrow. 

Which one has better durability as I have not heard comparison in that aspect between the two.

The HD600 will be difficult to drive loudly and the bass will probably sound a little flabby without a bit of extra grunt behind it. The MS2i is a more sensitive headphone and will go loud much faster.

Neither are bass monsters, but the HD600 will have a little more body to the low end while the MS2i will be leaner and a bit snappier (the same applies across most of the spectrum actually; with the MS2i having a significantly higher treble).

Both are open, so if you need isolation then neither is suitable, though the HD600 is slightly better in this regard whereas the MS2i is arguably louder on the outside than in.

Neither are that flimsy, though neither is particularly durable either. 

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a circumaural headphone that comes close to the HD-25 sound?

The slew of DJ headphones are all V shaped in response. I would hesitantly say the Audio Technica M50 comes reasonably close. 

Quote:
I already own a Pair of Superlux 668Bs, Modded SR60is and a pair of Fischer Audio DBA-02s(Almost Custom Level Performance). My usual audio equipment is a GrubDAC or Rckbx'd 5.5G to Mini3 and I'm looking to expand my headphone collection. I already have an amazing pair of IEMs for on the go, so my criteria for these cans is

Around 200$(Hopefully less but If I can get a lot better pair for 250$ I'm willing)
Comfort, I want them to be confortable for long listening.
Open or Closed

I listen to everything and lately I have been dipping into speaker designs and built myself a really nice pair of DIY referance bookshelf speakers that have a ribbon tweeter. I'm looking for this clear treble and a beefy kick for when I listen to Dubstep and so on. The clear treble is for when I listen to oldies like Louie Armstrong and Jimmy Hendrix to get an amazingly detailed recording sound.

Senn HD25-1-ii
Pioneer HDJ-2000

Quote:
Anyone got any good reccomendations for a amp/dac for the pc for the hd650?

budget? Midrange stuff like the Nuforce HDP, more expensive stuff like the Burson HA-160D...

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #6,792 of 29,490
voila i was thinking of buying the pro 900 but i go on holiday with my girlfriend and now i need to save money
so i'm thinking of buying one of this headphone but the choice is to difficult ...
music genre hip-hop/dubstep ,ROCK (a little classic)
i have read a lot of threads but can find an answer
it is for HOME use
and i will connect them to my asus xonar stx :)
thanx a lot and sorry if these question is posted in an other thread i didn't find it :)
(maybe audio technica m50 ...) my budget is 200-250 euro thanx :D ( ONLY CLOSE CANS pls :D)
i'm hesitating between sennheiser hd 25 / beyer dt 770 pro 80 and hifi 580 :) THANX

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #6,793 of 29,490

Quote:
voila i was thinking of buying the pro 900 but i go on holiday with my girlfriend and now i need to save money
so i'm thinking of buying one of this headphone but the choice is to difficult ...
music genre hip-hop/dubstep ,ROCK (a little classic)
i have read a lot of threads but can find an answer
it is for HOME use
and i will connect them to my asus xonar stx :)
thanx a lot and sorry if these question is posted in an other thread i didn't find it :)
(maybe audio technica m50 ...) my budget is 200-250 euro thanx :D ( ONLY CLOSE CANS pls :D)

Why not the Pro750 then?

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #6,794 of 29,490
Hi,
I've opened a thread about this (sorry about that...) but someone directed me here, so I'll post it here too. So here's the original post and I'll add a few things:

Hi,
First of all, I'm sorry if this thread isn't appropriate in this forum.

I've decided that I want to buy a good set of headphones, but I'm very confused with all the different headphones. I'm not an audiophile but I enjoy music very much (I don't know if this is saying something but I really like FLAC quality music) and I'd like to have some headphones that can deliver a good (if not excellent) listening experience. So far I've only had cheap headphones and some decent earphones ( for me at least).

So I would like to buy a pair of headphones that is good but simple. In other words, a pair of headphones (I like the Full Size or Over Ear sizes, I think, but On Ears are okay too as long as they're comfortable) that is:
1. Enjoyable listening to.
2. I can connect it directly to my computer and iPod and still enjoy the music.
3. As portable as possible (that I can wear on the street and look as normal as possible).
4. With little sound leakage (my parents hate loud music and if I listen to headphones with sound leakage in the car they won't be happy).
5. I like listening to strong bass (is that how you phrase it? LOL) but not so much that my heart stops working.
6. Comfortable (obviously).
7. If the headphones are stylish that won't hurt anyone :).

I know there are a lot of demands but not everything is absolutely essential. Right now I'm not even sure if I'll listen to this kind of headphones out of my house at all. My budget is about 350$ max. I know that's not a lot but as I said, I don't think I need to invest thousands of dollars to enjoy my music...:)

Thank you very very much and again, if this is not the place, I'm sorry.

Now a few things I have to add are:
I don't want to buy an amp (nor do I really know why you need one for headphones- I think for louder volume?) so I need a pair of headphones that can provide high volume even when connected directly to the iPod/computer :)
I generally listen to britpop (Muse mainly), classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd), rock, indie but I also listen to a lot of other genres. The only genre I don't listen to is classical music opera etc. I hope this info helps :)

So basically I need some headphones that I can just take out of the box and instantaneously enjoy my music. In the thread I opened the Denon AH-D2000 were suggested. Are they suitable to my taste (I've noticed they're very big and bulky and I don't think I can walk in public with them on my head)?
Also, what do you think of the AiAiAi TMA1? Are they any good for me?

Thank you very much in advance for answering :)

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #6,795 of 29,490
Hi 
Since no one answering the post i wrote before this (didnt see the thread title.. sorry about that), 
I'm looking for a closed headphone for music-movies-gaming, budget around 200-250€ or less.
Im going to use them on a Dell XPS15 laptop and (in a close future) iMac/Macbook, so since i cant get a PCI soundcard, im looking also for a dac\amp if needed! (in that price range.. if possible).

Please can anyone help me? My old headset broke and i really need to buy another one fast enough.. (loudy work environment :p)

Thank you.. and sorry for my english :|

PS: there's no headset (cans+boom mic) with a decent sound quality around... am I right? (PC360 maybe but they're open)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back