++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #10,876 of 29,490
Dang brand new here hi guys!!!
well anyways need help desiding what new heaphones i sound get right now i have som really cheap ones some Sony MDR-G45 there ok..... but i wanna move on to somee good headphones
Im looking for some Over the head headphone kiinda dj type look
i listen to a lot of hip hop too some im guessing some with good bass and crisp sound
my price range cant pass $100 thanks in advance :)

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #10,878 of 29,490
Hi all,
            I'm in need of some on or over ear headphones as I never get the opportunity to use my speakers any more (baby in house!). I play mp3s at 320kbps and have an Asus Xonar DS soundcard. 

I listen to mainly Symphonic Metal, Progressive Metal and Stoner Rock.

Listening wise the only things I really object to is muddy lows and (I don't know the technical term) but highs that seem to make my ear drums hurt after prolonged listening.

I use CX 300 in ear buds with my MP3 player which I enjoy. I have also used Koss Porta Pros, but I find the low end to muddy.

Price, less is better, around the £40 mark would be good, although less is better I could go higher if I was gaining a lot for the extra cash.

Have read lots of reviews, I think too many, because now I'm just confused!

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #10,883 of 29,490
Hey Head-Fi. I've lurked here for a bit and decided to make an account today to ask opinions. I'm not an audiophile like many of you here. I think the Beats look awesome and think everyone wearing them looks cool. I'm 16 if that puts it into an perspective. but that's not what this thread is about. I've tried the Soul Sl150s by Ludacris and I really liked them and I used to own some sort of Sony headphone that used a triple A battery that amped the bass up. Those were pretty nice, but they broke and I have no idea what they were called.

So I feel like may be heading in the direction of becoming an audiophile, but I don't have any experience with truly good headphones. I realize Beats are overhyped and garbage compared to other stuff in their price range. I think they look cool, but I do want headphones that compliment the music I listen to. I listen to a bit of dubstep and hip hop but most of my listening is metal. I'd be using these headphones on a daily basis on the way to school in New York. So hopefully they would block out some outside sound and not leak too much. I don't want to be a nuisance to others on the subway.

So yeah. Long story, short:

-I mostly listen to metal
-Block outside noise decently (I think that means I want closed back headphones, but I'm not too sure on the terminology) 
-Don't leak too much sound

I wouldn't mind if they looked nice too, but that's not very important. And I guess my price range would be up to $200 but that's really the most I'm willing to pay. Thanks so much!

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #10,884 of 29,490

Quote:
My friend is looking for new headphones. He wants open and circumaural. Listens to hard rock/metal. Budget: under $150. Right now he looking at the AKG K240S.

k240S is really solid, seen for 95 dollars the lowest on amazon and sold by amazon i think

really a no brainer. I had this one, the m50, the hfi-580, and I really prefer this one over others.

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #10,885 of 29,490
I'm in need of a pair of new headphones, here are my requirements.

1. Closed preferred.
  2. Somthing that goes well with mostly doom metal, black metal, hardcore punk, 70's space rock and hard rock and a bit of ambient.
  3. Pricerange of $50-80.
  4. Durable (might not go well with the price range, but hey, it's worth a try).

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #10,886 of 29,490
ssup dude, i started my audiophile journey at the age of 15 so I defenitly passed ur way a while ago.

No one is stopping u from buying them, however at 150/300 dollars, you will find a lot of things that's way better than them, and often cheaper. the main problem with those cans is that the companies spent too much on ads and artist premium and etc. Im prett ysure you will get tired of them with in 2 months at most and asking again for help.

now if you want to consider something else than beats and soul, the DT770, Shure 840/940, akg k271 are all good choice. I would avoid active noise canceling and buy closed headphone instead.

Quote:
Hey Head-Fi. I've lurked here for a bit and decided to make an account today to ask opinions. I'm not an audiophile like many of you here. I think the Beats look awesome and think everyone wearing them looks cool. I'm 16 if that puts it into an perspective. but that's not what this thread is about. I've tried the Soul Sl150s by Ludacris and I really liked them and I used to own some sort of Sony headphone that used a triple A battery that amped the bass up. Those were pretty nice, but they broke and I have no idea what they were called.

So I feel like may be heading in the direction of becoming an audiophile, but I don't have any experience with truly good headphones. I realize Beats are overhyped and garbage compared to other stuff in their price range. I think they look cool, but I do want headphones that compliment the music I listen to. I listen to a bit of dubstep and hip hop but most of my listening is metal. I'd be using these headphones on a daily basis on the way to school in New York. So hopefully they would block out some outside sound and not leak too much. I don't want to be a nuisance to others on the subway.

-Block outside noise decently (I think that means I want closed back headphones, but I'm not too sure on the terminology) 

I wouldn't mind if they looked nice too, but that's not very important. And I guess my price range would be up to $200 but that's really the most I'm willing to pay. Thanks so much!

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #10,887 of 29,490
hey everyone so i own a pair of bose quietcomfort 15'sfor when im studying and traveling but i also like to play video games so i was thinking i should buy a pair of bose ae2 audio headphones just for my computer and gaming what do you guys thing should i just keep my quietcomfort headphones and use it for everything or should i buy a pair of ae2 headphones aswell?

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #10,888 of 29,490

Hello, welcome to Head-fi!

You may wanna check out the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii. I liked these for Rock, and they should handle Metal well.
The Ultrasone HFI-580, although I haven't heard it before (only listened to the higher end Ultrasones [Pro 750, Edition 9, Pro 900], which may have the same sound signature as the lower-ends, if that's the case then they should be good for your genres), based on reviews I think it should do you well. I think it handles dubstep / hiphop better than Metal, but they should be good nonetheless. 
Quote:

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #10,889 of 29,490
I am looking for a new pair of headphones and a dac/amp to use with my Toshiba laptop

Type of music: Jam Bands, Classic Rock, Norah Jones...
Budget: 500 for both headhones and amp/dac
Durability: headphones need to last at least 2 years
NO products that are made in China,Taiwan, Rebublic of China, Peoples Republic of China, Hong Kong, and Macau.

I was looking into a pair of Grados SR80 but I didn't know if they would fit my genre of music.
I also read the cords need replaced frequently which is rediculous.

Any advice would be helpful....

Thanks,

-Elliott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back