1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum

1. fuerchter
    Quote:
    first: do you mean the pc360 or the px360? also, would there be anything (price-wise) between that and the aurvana?

2. eriksatie
    Looking for some headphones under 200$ with great mids.  By "great mids", I mean I want to hear the artist's vocals very clearly.  Currently have M50s and have trouble properly hearing the lyrics to many songs.

Thank you :)

Also, it would help if somebody could recommend a good amp/dac to pair it with.

3. Wirelessbrain
    Hey headfi, I'm a complete noob when it comes to headphones. I've read millions of reviews and lots of info on the internet about everything, and I want to get into headphones. I've been considering the Brainwavz HM5 (pretty ugly but I've read that they sound good), and maybe the Shure SRH840 (which are expensive) all to use with my ipod touch and laptop. I want good isolation so I don't hear noise in my environment and also no leakage so I don't bother my family. I also really want a good soundstage.

I listen to rock music (Jack White, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, etc) and also some indie (, The Strokes, Metronomy, Modest Mouse, Arctic Monkeys, a lot of Radiohead, etc). Some other bands which don't fall into the above categories are Beastie Boys and The Dirty Heads.

Can you guys help me pick out my first pair of good headphones?

4. cel4145
    Quote:

Reread your post. You paired up the wrong cards with the slash. The D1 doesn't fit in between the DG and DX. It is the SAME AS the DX.

So, corrected, "the DS fits in between the DG and the DX/D1."

5. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Quote:
    I like to think my AKG K242HD have good mids.

6. MRiNiCK

Bump
    Headphones I have in mind
    DT1350
    UE 9000
    Sennheiser Momentum
    Parrot ZIK
    Maybe Shure 940.
    Any other headphones i should look into.?

7. eriksatie
    Quote:
    Are those open or closed?  I should have added that I need closed.

8. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Quote:
    K242HD are Semi-open.

Takstar Pro 80 (closed) headphones are $88 on eBay.

9. Doc-holliday

nick.. buddy.... I told you the DT1350's. Just do it. Quit thinking and pull the trigger. I am sorry to inform you but YOU WILL BUY MORE HEADPHONES even after this purchase. You might as well get one of the best portables there are out there that just so happen to match your description pretty much to the letter.

If you want the BT function, yea all I can say is watch Tyll's UE9000 video, but I am pretty sure you have already done that.

DO IT!! I saw your other thread too. Just do it.

10. Sieg27
    Looking for a decent first pair. Looking to spend about $200 I looked at sennheisers audio Technica and akg. I want closed back with a detachable cord any suggestions?

11. eriksatie
    Quote:
    and those Takstar fit what I'm looking for?

Can't find many reviews for them.

12. Joey Campesinos
    Sony XB800 vs sr125i- which is better? i want good mids and a tight but not necessarily powerful bass

13. incubusfanclm

Circumaural phones with NO LEAKAGE and HIGH ISOLATION - under $150?

I read the guides but need opinions.. trying to find circumaural phones with EXTREMELY LOW sound leakage, good isolation, and soft earpads (because I wear glasses) -- under $150.. is it possible? thanks!

14. linuxid10t
    Quote:
    SR125i, no question.

15. Doc-holliday

Well that's a bit vague but you can check out for an even better price the Philips Uptowns for 65 bucks shipped. Very nice for the price and isolation is good.
    http://bensoutlet.com/products/citiscape-uptown