++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Nov 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #20,866 of 29,490
Quote:
Of the Asus line, the DS/D1 fits in between the DG and DX. I can assure you that while playing BF3, if I'm paying attention footsteps can be heard with the DG. Also remember that it's not ALL soundcard, headphones play a large part too. To get prices in Euros I just used the French site (of Amazon).You said your limit was 150€ and the Sennheiser 360s are ~140€ with excellent reviews. If you purchase those with a Xonar DG/DS(orD1) then you'll be happy. Note that the Asus Xonar D_ series is designed with gaming in mind so don't think that they're specifically for music.

first: do you mean the pc360 or the px360? also, would there be anything (price-wise) between that and the aurvana?

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #20,867 of 29,490
Looking for some headphones under 200$ with great mids.  By "great mids", I mean I want to hear the artist's vocals very clearly.  Currently have M50s and have trouble properly hearing the lyrics to many songs.

Thank you :)

Also, it would help if somebody could recommend a good amp/dac to pair it with.

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #20,868 of 29,490
[size=small] Hey headfi, I'm a complete noob when it comes to headphones. I've read millions of reviews and lots of info on the internet about everything, and I want to get into headphones. I've been considering the Brainwavz HM5 (pretty ugly but I've read that they sound good), and maybe the Shure SRH840 (which are expensive) all to use with my ipod touch and laptop. I want good isolation so I don't hear noise in my environment and also no leakage so I don't bother my family. I also really want a good soundstage.[/size]

[size=small] I listen to rock music (Jack White, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, etc) and also some indie (, The Strokes, Metronomy, Modest Mouse, Arctic Monkeys, a lot of Radiohead, etc). Some other bands which don't fall into the above categories are Beastie Boys and The Dirty Heads.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Can you guys help me pick out my first pair of good headphones?[/size]

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #20,869 of 29,490
Quote:
I know, that's why I used the / sign.

Reread your post. You paired up the wrong cards with the slash. The D1 doesn't fit in between the DG and DX. It is the SAME AS the DX.

So, corrected, "the DS fits in between the DG and the DX/D1."

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #20,870 of 29,490
Quote:
Looking for some headphones under 200$ with great mids.  By "great mids", I mean I want to hear the artist's vocals very clearly.  Currently have M50s and have trouble properly hearing the lyrics to many songs.

Thank you :)

Also, it would help if somebody could recommend a good amp/dac to pair it with.

I like to think my AKG K242HD have good mids.

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #20,871 of 29,490
I think i have posted here a couple of times in this thread but no response :frowning2:
but I wanted to know what headphones should I get that fits me.!
Needs to be closed,
price range of 100-400$
Somewhat portable but not massive, will be using this for commuting to work( 1.5 hour commute)
Noise isolation doesnt need to be impressive.
Needs to be somewhat neutral sounding.. Not too bassy but needs to be heard, mid range needs to be upfront etc etc.
I was looking into a bluetooth wireless headphone with the option of enabling the wire on it but i dont know yet.
Music type varies, I listen to alot of Indie, Indie rock, Post rock,rock, punk, psychedelic, trap, electronic and a little of pop, hiphop. No jazz, country for me.
Will be using this to be paired with my iBasso D-Zero and ipod touch 4th gen. and at times at home.
Right now im using my custom IEM from 1964 triple driver. I also own Sennheiser HD 650, Brainwavz HM5, Ultrasone Pro 900.
Thanks alot guys

Bump
Headphones I have in mind
DT1350
UE 9000
Sennheiser Momentum
Parrot ZIK
Maybe Shure 940.
Any other headphones i should look into.?

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #20,873 of 29,490
Quote:
Are those open or closed?  I should have added that I need closed.

K242HD are Semi-open.

Takstar Pro 80 (closed) headphones are $88 on eBay.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #20,874 of 29,490
Bump
Headphones I have in mind
DT1350
UE 9000
Sennheiser Momentum
Parrot ZIK
Maybe Shure 940.
Any other headphones i should look into.?

nick.. buddy.... I told you the DT1350's. Just do it. Quit thinking and pull the trigger. I am sorry to inform you but YOU WILL BUY MORE HEADPHONES even after this purchase. You might as well get one of the best portables there are out there that just so happen to match your description pretty much to the letter.

If you want the BT function, yea all I can say is watch Tyll's UE9000 video, but I am pretty sure you have already done that.

DO IT!! I saw your other thread too. Just do it.

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #20,878 of 29,490

[size=18pt] Circumaural phones with NO LEAKAGE and HIGH ISOLATION - under $150?[/size]

I read the guides but need opinions.. trying to find circumaural phones with EXTREMELY LOW sound leakage, good isolation, and soft earpads (because I wear glasses) -- under $150.. is it possible? thanks!

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #20,880 of 29,490

[size=18pt]Circumaural phones with NO LEAKAGE and HIGH ISOLATION - under $150?[/size]

I read the guides but need opinions.. trying to find circumaural phones with EXTREMELY LOW sound leakage, good isolation, and soft earpads (because I wear glasses) -- under $150.. is it possible? thanks!

Well that's a bit vague but you can check out for an even better price the Philips Uptowns for 65 bucks shipped. Very nice for the price and isolation is good.
http://bensoutlet.com/products/citiscape-uptown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back