++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Dec 25, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #152 of 29,490

Quote:
LOL sorry i got confused. I forgot planar magnetic=orthodynamic. Also please link me the 100 dollars t50s! I would be really interested to buy them at that price since the last time i checked the T40s were 150 and the T50s were 200+.

Currently backordered, but $74... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/281431-REG/Fostex_T50_RP_T50RP_Studio_Headphones.html

Dec 25, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #153 of 29,490
Thanks. That's awesome! I'll probably order it when the site goes back online after christmas. Wonder what the cost for shipping over 15, 000 km is, to perth, on the other side of the globe. *shudders*. 

Quote:
Quote:
LOL sorry i got confused. I forgot planar magnetic=orthodynamic. Also please link me the 100 dollars t50s! I would be really interested to buy them at that price since the last time i checked the T40s were 150 and the T50s were 200+.

Currently backordered, but $74... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/281431-REG/Fostex_T50_RP_T50RP_Studio_Headphones.html

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #154 of 29,490

hi guys new here..

soon im going to buy a headphone but i dont know which one to choose pls help..im more of a RnB hip-hop listener so bass is my choice..but some times i like to listen to frank sinatra and so on (audiophile stuffs) so i would really need the help to choose between these headphones..

1.Sennheiser HD650

2.AKG K702

3.AKG K701

4.Audio Technica ATH-AD1000

5.ANY MORE CAN BE SUGGESTED..

no.2 and 3 is there any differences? 

My budget is around at usd $500-$600.Please suggest more headphones (if can the headphones with interchangeable wire)..

i just looked at AKG new Q701 which match my budget..do u think is worthed?

Thank You all for your time...really appreciate you all...

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #155 of 29,490
Skip the K701 and K702 (basically the same exact thing, the difference being the cable which MAY make subtle changes in the sound). They won't have the kind of bass you're undoubtedly looking for.

What's your source?
Do you have an amp and/or dac?
Can you use open headphones (where sound leaks in and out)?
Or do you need them to be closed to isolate yourself (keep sound in and out)?

If you have NOTHING right now, you might want to start off with something 'safe' like the M50, which doesn't really need amping (but still has slight benefits).

Do you like a smooth treble? Sparkly treble? Warm, bright?

All questions that would help us make suggestions.

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #158 of 29,490
Hi,

I have looked at many headphones recently, read a number of reviews and looked at many sites.

I am down to  a few. Main things to consider are sound quality and how good they sound un amped.

I will listen primarily from my laptop and probably phone as well,without an amp.

Will use the headphone for music of various genres such as pop, rock , soul , hip hop, etc  also for movies as well. Sound isolation is not too much of a problem.

These are the ones that I have decided to pick from, and I really cant decide so any help will be much appreciate.

Sennheiser HD 435

Sennheiser hD205

JVC HA-RX700

Goldring DR-150

thanks very much for reading my post.

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #159 of 29,490
M50
Denon D1001 or Creative Aurvana Live
ES7
Sony XB700
Sony XB500

I think to be safe, the M50 will probably be the best option, as long as it's closer to $100.

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #160 of 29,490

Quote:
Skip the K701 and K702 (basically the same exact thing, the difference being the cable which MAY make subtle changes in the sound). They won't have the kind of bass you're undoubtedly looking for.

What's your source?
Do you have an amp and/or dac?
Can you use open headphones (where sound leaks in and out)?
Or do you need them to be closed to isolate yourself (keep sound in and out)?

If you have NOTHING right now, you might want to start off with something 'safe' like the M50, which doesn't really need amping (but still has slight benefits).

Do you like a smooth treble? Sparkly treble? Warm, bright?

All questions that would help us make suggestions.

i have a dac..right now i have a musiland monitor 02 going to buy a new one soon any suggestions too??

i like warm treble and mids with errrrr(vibration thingy when the singer sings)

and i would rather choose isolated headphones...but dosent really matter much..

(EDIT) AFTER READING OPEN AND CLOSED HEADPHONE I WOULD RATHER CHOOSE OPEN BECAUSE I HAVE A LISTENING ROOM HERE(HOME AUDIO LISTENING ROOM)..

thanks

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #161 of 29,490
Im looking for basically a portable on / over ear version of the Sennheiser HD448 with the same or a similar sound signature - overall sound quality must be same or better. The HD448 is just too big to go outside with for me. I hate the style / look of the 2x8 series. Any brand is ok.

Thanks

Dec 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #162 of 29,490
Hi guys, I have the ATH-M50, and it has a little too much bass for my taste. I think the ATH-M50 is really good for music, but horrible for games. i'm looking for a headphone for 40% games, 40% music, 20% movies and not so much bass. And same audio quality as the M50. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #163 of 29,490
Hi, I currently have a grado rs2i with the little dot 1+. I'm thinking of upgrading the headphones (and the amp if necessary to the little dot mk III). Im looking to spend around 1000€ ( the sennheiser HD800 here is cheaper, 1050€). I have read several reviews about the HD 800 and the grado gs1000i, but frankly I have no idea of what to get, unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to try them out before buying.

I love the imaging and the level of detail of my grado rs2i, but besides when I listen to classical music, jazz or classic rock, I find it lacking bass for modern rock and progressive rock. So, I'm looking for a more versatile headphone and with an excellent sound stage.

Would deeply appreciate any input given. Thank you.

Dec 25, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #164 of 29,490
looking for some headphones for my girlfriend.  she has great taste in music, but listens out of her laptop speakers or whatever crappy earbuds are laying around.  on the hd555's right now, but wondering if there is something a bit cheaper.  looking for full-sized headphones so the grado's are kind of off the table.  open vs closed is ok.  they need to sound good unamped too.  just wondering if there are any real gems around $50 or else i'll probably order the 555's.  i have a pair, but i really don't like that bulky adapter it has though for laptop use, and they also might be a bit flimsy.  maybe something more compact that are super easy to drive.  i was looking at the new shure headphones too wondering if there was much difference between the 240 and 440.  the build quality looks a bit better on the 440, but there won't be any amp or anything, and the source material will be your average mp3 files and such, so...  and the music she listens to is more indie type stuff, no metal and not much hip hop or really hard rock.

Dec 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #165 of 29,490

Quote:
Quote:

nice good to know, they are tempting.

How does T50RP compare with Sennheiser HD555(I have this ones and I like them, something complementary, different or contrasting would be nice)? I'm also interested on the AKG 240s any thought on those?

and how much power do they need? could I drive them with something like an E7? (planing on getting the x3 actually but I suppose they will be similar on driving capabilities)

I like classic rock 60's-80's, some blues and some rock/pop at times.

P.S. I think I'm too sensitive to high frequencies(found them harsh with hd555 at firs only) and I don't find the bass department on the hd555 bad, I don't know if I can get better mids on this price range but that would be awesome same for sound stage.

LOL I know I'm probably asking too much 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back