Full can or iem? /100~150 dollars / Heavy Metal, maybe?
Aug 3, 2014 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MikonJuice

100+ Head-Fier
Why so many questions?
The thing is, my GR 07 died...after 2 years of really intense use. So I guess it was not that bad.
The real problem is that at the same time, my RE0 and my RE 262 died at the same time.
Now I am looking for a better solution to computer and gym use. I used to leave the GR07 to home use and the now Dunu DN1000 to gym use.

Would it be more wise to use a full can(cheap... 100~150 dollars mark) to home use and the Dunu for only for gym use?
Or would it be better to use a iem with an extension cord to use in my computer?
It seems that although my ipod is enough for the Dunus, my computer+extension is not enough, as the sound quality drops a lot.

Also, the heavy metal/hard rock problem: none of the previous iems that I tested were good enough.
The GR07 airiness and detail was a joy when listening to garage rock and acustics, while the Dunu is excellent for psy trance and electro... but not rock in general.

Any tips?

Also, the Hifiman iems that I had offered great sound BUT... their durability were ridiculous! Less than 12 months!

Thanks in advance!

ps: I'm thinking of buying the T-peos Altone, but as the money mark is a little bit higher I'll have to wait a little bit while the price of the dollar goes down a bit in my country. I'm thinking of going for the Fidelios S1 for home use.

Aug 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi, maybe you should read about Grado Headphones (for home use). Most people tend to agree that they excel with the genres you've listed.

Best Luck!

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 6
Grados exploit a little bit my wallet! X(
Even the SR60i model is more thana  100 dollars!

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 6
What about Pioneer Se-A1000?

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Not a bad ideia! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back