Fubar III is Fubar
Apr 26, 2010 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bikeboy999

100+ Head-Fier
My son took his PC apart to go to a net party, when he came home and reconnected it all sound from Fubar unit was not there. I was able to find out that the walwort is still working at 24v. I am not sure if under warranty but I would guess not. Does anyone have any idea what kind of repair needs to be done?

B
beyersmile.png

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 9
Did you try it on another PC or system? If your son dismantled his PC, then reassembled it and the FUBAR wasn't working....I'd be looking at the PC first.

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 9
Tried it on my own PC, and no lights on the Fubar unit. Is there some sort of protection/reset function in the dac/amp? I have put my uDac in place of the Fubar until we can figure out what is going on. If anyone has any more tips/tricks do not hesitate to post here. And thanks again for being such a wonderful community.

B

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 9
OK, you tried another PC, no light on the Fubar? (important info that you should have mentioned previously) I'm not aware of a reset, however may be there is a fuse, is it blowned? I think older Fubar models had fuses, not sure.
I have a Cute Beyond ('09) & fubar IV SE ('09) no fuse in neither of them.
CHECK FOR A FUSE FIRST...
The wallwart is crap as far as I'm concerned...even tough you checked it and it showed 24v may be the amperage is not there...
Last time I saw that my wallwart took a dump (no voltage measure)...got an Ultra ULT40494 X-Pro Universal Notebook & Device AC Power Supply.
I would focus on that at this point, hopefully the Fubar is not fried (I doubt that, but...).
Good luck, I mean it.
Cheers

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #9 of 9
I got some amazing service from the Cdn distributor of the Fubar in Canada. The guy who answered the phone at Audiophileproducts told me to try the fuse before sending it back to him for repair. I was not able to find the right size fuse, but was able to quickly test the fuse I got. It worked, I let Todd know and he is sending me the correct size fuse to replace the dead one (plus a spare just in case). Thanks,

B
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back