Fscking ParcelForce!
Jul 30, 2002 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Magicthyse

Better to look good than to sound good!
As some of you know, the UK postal service is in the throes of being turned into a USPS-like disaster by a government that purports to represent the people, but are really a bunch of control-freak, chardonnay and sun-dried-tomato-guzzling, backhander-taking fascists in disguise. Much like your government, only we pretend it doesn't happen and your guys get far bigger backhanders (and hardly ever get found out). Before this, we had a proper, disciplined postal service that worked.

Anyway, back to the postal service. My ATH-A9X was apparently delivered this morning. Got a call from the shop, they posted it, should have been delivered today, nothing.

Can you guess how pissed I am?

Jul 30, 2002 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 25
Actually this shouldn't have been put in the headphone section. If a mod spots this could you please move it to off topic. Thanks.

Jul 30, 2002 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 25
As UPS say (how ironic
wink.gif
) Consider it done
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 25
Maby if we whent back to those guys who delivered mail by horse back it would be better. They made their horse run real fast and took thier job serously and made good time running the horse hard. Then would only go so far with the horse then real fast change to a different horse and go diliver the mail. Pony express but why they called it that baffuls me because they never used poneys they use big horses. But on second thought think of all the shi-.

Jul 31, 2002 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 25
Bring on the shi- I say. You know, Roman couriers on horseback were actually faster across Europe than a driver these days.

I mean, I haven't actually 'lost' the phone - the shop guys will order another one and everything, but that's another 4+ weeks... Mebbe this time I should ask for them to be airfreighted direct.

Jul 31, 2002 at 8:09 AM Post #6 of 25
I like USPS quite a lot.
They are very easy to deal with and consistent.
They operate many offices.
They have posted hours.
They can read.

Organizations quite unlike USPS include:
UPS
FedEx Ground

So um, I'm sorry your government sucks but I'm quite happy with the job our mail carriers do in the US and wonder why you'd make such a comparison.

Jul 31, 2002 at 11:03 AM Post #7 of 25
[size=medium]GRRRRR......PARCEL FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
You mentioned them Here
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Just the sight of one of those red vans drives me into a frenzy!

RAAGRHGRRRHHHH ..EEGH ARRRRGGRRR!

[STRAINING TO MAINTAIN COMPOSURE]

Whew ....feel alright now.......................just.

Must not say too much as their may be inocent employees of the
company who must not be named viewing these threads.

Heart still pounding....calling a shrink.....

Must go now, about to loose control again..................

[size=medium]AARGH GRRR grrrr.........................!![/size]

NOOooooo..........................

Setmenu
mad.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 2:53 PM Post #8 of 25
Ha! You guys should try Australia post - five deliveries per week. Most of the time they don't even attempt to deliver packages, they just send you a card telling you to come to the PO and pick it up. USPS does a great job IMO.

Jul 31, 2002 at 3:29 PM Post #10 of 25
I don't have any real complaints about the Royal Mail in the Uk
[or chould that be Consignia
confused.gif
] or any other carrier
as such......Just the company who shall not be named.....
mad.gif

Setmenu

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:09 PM Post #11 of 25
Yep, US Postal Service is pretty good. Cheap (and they don't even use any tax money) and pretty efficient. ...

... Just get out of the way if you see an ex-employee coming in.

kerleybonto

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:35 PM Post #14 of 25
Belive it or not
All the below here have impeccable service:

DHL
UPS
FedEx
TNT
Skynet

Only Crap one is the government postal services.
I gurantee you: an iron cube will come in the shape of a misshapen sphere. They mistreat, mishandle like anything. I bet they hire only people who never get any packages as they have no respect.

Anything sent from here to the USA will take 3 months
while anyting from USA to here is 2-3weeks What? ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH thats what you get for cheap service.

I want to cry for that MG Head they lost
frown.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 7:15 PM Post #15 of 25
I should actually have said to the guys, "Don't use (the company which shall not be named for the benefit of setmenu)". Nary a problem until about 12 months ago - just after the kind of period when Consignia (What? Royal Mail not good enough for ya? It certainly isn't for it's p!ss-poor management) was having major problems and talking about laying off lots of people (which they have now actioned).

Since then, they've 'lost' 2 laptops, 1 printer, 1 digicam, a mountain bike... and those are only the bigger stuff.

Funny they've never, ever lost a consignment of inkjet paper, sticky tape, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back