Price
Shipping Destinations
United States
post-14379320
Post #1 of 4

mourip

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
This is one of the best passive preamps that you can buy. It uses light dependent resistors(LDR) to attenuate the signal. Tortuga Audio preamps have a lot of features including adjustment for volume, balance, impedance, input switching(3), and LDR calibration, all of which can be remotely controlled from the easy to use Apple Remote.

The rear panel has three inputs and two outputs. A USB jack is provided for user firmware updates. DC power is provided by an external 12vdc brick which can easily be substituted by your own LPS.

The unit is dead quiet and adds no real "sound" of it's own. I bought it originally to use with two different tube preamps that had no remote control or balance option. It has worked great but I am replacing my excellent LTA MicroZOTL V2 with their new full function preamp which now includes a remote with balance control.

I am asking $495. I bought it new for $1050 about two years ago.

Shipping is $30 to the US lower 48 only and I will absorb PayPal costs.

Best,

Paul
IMG_1614 (1).jpg IMG_1616 (1).jpg IMG_1615 (1).jpg

Last edited:
post-14393491
Post #2 of 4

mourip

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
This is arguably one of the best passive preamps that you can buy. It uses light dependent resistors(LDR) to attenuate the signal. Tortuga Audio preamps have a lot of features including adjustment for volume, balance, impedance, input switching(3), and LDR calibration, all of which can be remotely controlled from the easy to use Apple Remote.The remote is very easy to use.

The rear panel has three inputs and two outputs. A USB jack is provided for user firmware updates. DC power is provided by an external 12vdc brick which can easily be substituted with your own LPS.

The unit is dead quiet and has no real "sound" of it's own. I bought it originally to use with two different tube preamps that had no remote control or balance option. It has worked great but I am replacing my excellent LTA MicroZotl v2 with their new full function preamp that now includes a remote with balance control.

I am asking $595. I paid about $1050 for two years ago.

Shipping is $30 to the US lower 48 only and I will absorb PayPal costs.

Best,

Paul
Bump...

post-14412647
Post #3 of 4

mourip

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Price drop...

post-15680880
Post #4 of 4

Matthew Willims

Head-Fier
Reaction score
So.... Do you mind if I ask how this compared to your new LTA Preamp? I'd like to know as I'm thinking about trying an LDR in place of my already excellent LTA MZ3, which is meant to be sonically identical to the dedicated preamp. Just all unbalanced connections with the MZ3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)