FS: TDS Passive Audiophile
post-222483
Post #1 of 3

88Sound

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
The TDS Passive Audiophile is a stereo harmonic enhancement system, it utilizes no power, and offers full-range audio frequency harmonic enhancement from DC-78KHz. The intent of the TDS Harmonic Enhancement Technology is to enable an audio signal to sound more natural and live, like the original live performance.

The Passive Audiophile I'm selling consists of dual (2) mono channels with two inductive circuits per channel and a toggle bypass switch. It has four gold plated RCA jacks. Black powder coat finish. Dimensions: 7" (W) x 2" (H) x 7" (L). All component parts are made of audiophile grade materials.

This unit although half rack in size weighs about 8 lbs.! very heavy. It comes with the original box & manual. When inspected at the right right angle light marks are apparent on the top. the face plate is around 95% perfect and I would be happy to e-mail digital pics for anyone considering purchase.

The Stereophile review of this product from Nov. 99 is available at the TDS web site as well as pictures. http://www.tdsaudio.com/reviews/stereophile.asp

I would like $150 or best offer. The original list price was over $400 and if you could find someone to discount it generally went for around $300.

post-223187
Post #2 of 3

88Sound

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Bump.....This thing is pretty interesting, for one thing the effect can be easily heard.....for another this is a totally passive device that somehow boosts the volume when it is engaged! How is that possible? just to make sure the signal was not attenuated when the unit is not engaged I did a test, and yes this is a passive device that along with the desired effect actually boosts the signal........don't you have to be curious about this....any offers?.........a crust of bread.....anything?

post-228980
Post #3 of 3

88Sound

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
The TDS has been SOLD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)