Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
Sep 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jpancier

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I never thought I'd do this but I'm going to sell my Stax setup.  I've had the amplifier for about a year and the headphones for about 3 years. Both were purchased from head-fi. I've decided to move away from headphones and into speakers and need to pay off my new used Ohm Walsh's. I'd like to sell this package together, but for the right offer would split.

Here's the details: 

Stax SR 404's are sonically pristine with some blemishes. Of note is that the headset has a crack in it where it was repaired. This is purely cosmetic There are some small scuffs where the headband. I'd put them at 6 on the audiogon scale, but with a new headband they'd probably sit at an 8

Stax SRM T1S is in very good condition. Just put new tubes in it a few months ago to get it to sing even more. A couple of minor marks and scratches would put this at a 7 out of 10 on the Audiogon scale.

The tubes I put in are these:

RCA NOS Matched 6FQ7

This is a picture of the amp, not the cans that are included in this sale:

471a0f3d__DSC1747.jpeg

For whatever reason Head-Fi doesn't register my feedback as a trader and seller, probably because it pre-dates the forum change. I've got feedback on Ebay under pancier and on Audiogon under jpancier.

This should link to my audiogon feedback:
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fb.pl?user=jpancier

I'm not going to ship these outside of the US due to some issues I've had with buyers in the past not understanding the additional charges and shipping expenses.

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 2

jpancier

100+ Head-Fier
Bump.  I'll throw in a Headphone Stand and a 15 ft Stax extension cable for anyone who wants to purchase the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread