1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FS: Spectral DMA 150s2 + DMC 30S power/preamp combo

Trader History (10)
  1. Zhanming057
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    Putting one of my power amp sets up for sale. My Spectral dealer will do a consignment sale for me but I figure if someone here wants the system I'd cut out the middleman.

Selling the following kit:
    - Spectral DMA 150s2 power amp, rated at 175w into 4 ohms. I bought this amp from a private seller about a year ago and had it inspected by a Spectral certified technician. Sound wise it's perfect, there are some small scratches on the side and faceplate, no dings or dents. Cosmetically would rate as 9/10
    - Spectral DMC 30S preamp. One of the few pieces from the era with full XLR in/out ability, with upgraded modules from the DMC 30 and upgrade certification. Originally sold to Goodwin's High end, upgraded at Goodwin's High end, comes with the original box and papers. Only very faint use marks on the bezel.

I'd like to ask $6,500 in total including Paypal Fees but not including ground shipping. Due to the size and weight of the items I prefer a local sale in Boston. Ground shipping should be about $150 per piece to most of the US (higher for west coast, lower for New England).

If you want the individual pieces, the 150s2 is $2,250, and the 30S is $4,500. I strongly recommend running a full Spectral stack, and the preamp is highly crucial to the overall tuning profile.

I've used this system with the Mysphere 3.2, RAAL SR1a and Abyss Phi and tested it with the LCD4, HE6 and Diana Phi all with good results. In particular Spectral works well for people who enjoy either the SR1a or big planars and want something fast and clean with a big presence. Not a sound I would recommend for tube lovers, but excellent for electronic, metal, light to heavy rock and big orchestral scores.

Because of voltage and shipping issues, I would like to restrict sales to US and Canada. If you want to keep investing in desktop systems, I can contact Goodwin's for trade-in upgrades to any brand they carry.

XLR cable sold and prices updated. Now asking for $6,500 for the pair or best offer.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. Zhanming057
    bump

DelsFan likes this.
  3. Zhanming057
    Bump

4. Zhanming057
    Bump. Open to offers.

5. ken6217
    If you haven't already, you should list this on Audiogon and USA Audiomart.

6. Zhanming057
    Figure I'd sell it here first since I'm not in a rush and would prefer to deal with HF members (or my dealer).

7. Zhanming057
    bump

8. Zhanming057
    bump

9. Zhanming057
    bump

10. Zhanming057
    Bump

11. Zhanming057
    Bump