FS: Sota Star Turntable, detail forthcoming
Jun 19, 2002 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Born2bwire

25+ Member ;-)
I'm going to be selling a refurbished Sota Star Turntable, including the armboard, tonearm, cartridge, and reflex clamp. Right now it's being inspected and refurbished at the service center. I'll have a price and more specifics on it's components when they're done in about a week or two. Just thought I should get this out now so I can sell the table asap.

Jul 12, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 5

Born2bwire

25+ Member ;-)
Ok, I've finally got a call back from the Sota Service Center. The table is a Sota Star Series I. The major repairs is replacing bearings and replacing the motor. The motor will be replaced with a refurbished Series III motor. When the repairs are done (which will take about a week when we confirm the go ahead), the table will be on par with a refurbished Series III (which is the model they sell as being refurbished on their website). The table will include the armboard, tonearm, cartridge, and clamp, unlike the refurbished tables that Sota sells. As such, I am looking for a price of $1550. Right now I want to confirm a buyer before we go ahead with the repairs. If you want, we can ask for more upgrades to improve the sound but this will of course increase the price. If anybody is interested, give me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread