FS:Singlepower MPX3 Slam SE (special edition) US version
Sep 9, 2009 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

erfmd

100+ Head-Fier
I rarely use my headphones anymore having delved into my main system with speakers. So, I am selling most of my headphone gear.

This is an upgraded model including an external optional power supply for the use of 12v input tubes, an input adapter allowing for the use of 2C51, 5670, or 6385 tubes in addition to the standard 6SN7 tubes, and a supra- transformer upgrade allowing for the use of 6BL7 or 6BX7 tubes in the output position in addition to the standard 6SN7 tubes. In addition, I have a large supply of tubes I was given with the unit that I will include.

It is appr 3 years old. Upgrades in addition to those noted above include jensen paper in oil coupling caps, solen 1 cap, blackgate output caps, and goldpoint stepped volume control.

pictures:

ImageShack -

I have had absolutely no problem whatsoever with this unit. The sound with my AKG 701's is wonderfully transparent and with my denon 5000's is more powerful. The transformer has never become hot to the touch. Having said that, I have not had it inspected and reading through recent posts, I understand that some have had transformer issues. So, I would suggest that the new owner look into inspecting/replacing the transformer. I have priced the unit accordingly - several hundred dollars below what it sold for and below what I paid.

SOLD plus actual shipping charge. I will absorb paypal fees.

Thanks.

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 9

erfmd

100+ Head-Fier
No I don't. Am not a "techie" so have not taken this apart since purchase. If there is genuine interest in a possible purchase and this is an important consideration, I will do so. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread