FS: Shure E5 -- Mint Condition under 40 hours use
post-804291
Post #1 of 7

rajs

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Considering selling my ~ 2 month old Shure E5. Used under 40 hours. Asking $ 300 or best offer.

Reason: Have Shure E3's which I use with my mini iPod for commuting purposes and sleeping with listening to Howard Stern. Am going to be purchasing a Sony CD3000 and Ultimate Ears UE10pro to replace the Shure E5's.

Don't know if anyone would trade a Sony CD3000 for these .. if so contact me ...otherwise I will be buying a new one for ~ 375 bucks.

- rajs

post-804311
Post #2 of 7

Deviant

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
What are your impressions of the E5's compared with the E3's? How much are you selling for?

post-804353
Post #3 of 7

rajs

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi -- I would recommend you look at Lindrone's detailed review and comparision of the Shure E5 vs Shure E3 and other headphones. He did a good job on it and I agree.

In general though the E5 has much better bass and isn't as bright as the E3's are. I do believe the sound isolation for both is pretty good but the E3 with foamies are more isolated. I think I read the same somewhere else and also on Shures website.

I initially bought the E3 to see if I like canal phones ... I do. I then bought the E5 based on Lindrone and others writings. I liked them also. They seem to change in their character and got better as I played then for some time. I only put ~ 40 hours of music through them and they sound better then when I got them initially. I tend to use them with the tri flange. Reason I am selling them is because I read about the Ultimate Ear's UE10pro and the Sensaphonic 2XS and realize I like canal phones so I want one of those (I am currently getting impressions made and then will most likely choose the UE10's) ... and thus I don't need the E5's if I have a UE10pro.

I am hanging on to the E3's because for the purpose of listening to Howard Stern at night as I am falling asleep ... it does the trick for me and I won't be all upset if I mangle them up ... as compared to the more expensive E5's.

I purchased them from www.microphonesolutions.com on March 23rd, 2004 and started using them ~ March 30th when I received them. In between I moved into a new apartment and had them boxed up until last week.

I paid $ 375.69 for them which included S/H charges.

Give me your best offer.

NOTE: I would consider trades also for a used pair of Sony CD3000 headphones or a decent DAC.

post-808575
Post #4 of 7

rajs

Head-Fier
Reaction score
BUMP -- Anyone interested in these ... gimme an offer. BTW -- I will ship out in the US via FedEx overnight for free.

Thanks.

post-810074
Post #5 of 7

rajs

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Revised and added a price -- looking for $ 300 or best offer. Would also consider trading for another headphone potentially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)