FS: Shellbrook Labs Mini-Head (finished in black w/silver trim)...Limited Ed.
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, everyone!

I am selling a Shellbrook Labs Mini Head, portable headphone amp.

This great sounding little amp (about the size of 6 credit-cards, stacked) uses Burr-Brown OPA-227 op-amps, Intersil buffers, Vishay metal film resistors and Wima polypropyline caps. It runs off a single 9-volt battery, but I have been using high output 9.6-volt Maha rechargeables. Batts are changed, via the black-thumbscrew removable rear panel.

This unit is special; as it comes finished in black with silver edgeing, and a silver volume knob. It also has the power toggle switch located on the front panel, and the coolest, brightest, blue LED power-indicator light. There are few of these around, which makes this a collector's-item.

It has only one flaw...there is a paint chip on the bottom of the amp, and was received by me in this condition. A manufacturing flaw, I suppose; but sonically, it's excellent. I purchased this amp new, only 3-months ago. It's a great, punchy and dynamic sounding amp, with deep tight bass, and crystal-clear highs.

I have 4 Maha/Powerex rechargeable 9.6-volt batts, plus the charger, that I will sell with this amp. The charger will charge 4 batts to full-capacity, in less-than 2-hours.

I'm asking $135-US for the amp, the Maha charger, and 4 Maha batts...plus shipping. If you are interested, send me an email. Shipping would be roughly $20, to the US, or Canada. Anywhere else in the world...please email me for a quote. Thanks, and...Peace!
rs1smile.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
Oh, by the way...I also have a nice mini-to-mini right angled hand-assembled interconnect, that I will include, to whomever purchases the above-mentioned package. I will accept Paypal, and International (green) Western-Union money orders (sorry, but banks in Canada do not accept the pink-ones). Please email me, if interested in the above, to work out payment and shipping details.

Mar 29, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
bump.

This is still for sale. A really nice sounding amp. For those interested, I will sell the amp for $80-US (includes shipping to USA or Canada...interested overseas buyers can email me for a quote). If you want the charger too, it will be an additional $55-US, for a total of $135-US.

I apologize for not having included pics. Have been having camera troubles. I will try to download some here, now.

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
My apologies to all those who have PM'd me asking for pics...I just can't seem to get them to upload on this site. Anyone who is interested, please send me a PM, but be sure to include your email addy. I know I can get them to you that way. In the meantime, I changed my avatar pic, to a front-view of this amp. Sorry for the inconvenience, folks...but I can't get any of my pics to transfer to HeadFi.

Mar 31, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #7 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
All PM's replied to. Here is the current pricing for the amp, and the other accessories.

Black, Limited-Ed. Shellbrook Labs Mini-Head Amp---------------------------------$70 US

Maha Powerex 9.6 volt NIMH battery charger

(includes 3 rechargeable Powerex batteries, and AC adapter)-----------------$55 US

Starquad Canare 12" Mini-to-Mini Interconnect Cable------------------------------$15 US

I will ship each item to Canada or Continental-US, for $10 US. If you buy all 3, free shipping.

Apr 4, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
bump.

Price drop on the charger and 3-batts. This is a great sounding little amp, and the two really belong together. PM me if u r interested.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
bump.

Awaiting email from a potential buyer.

My apologies to anyone who may have PM'd or emailed me within the past few days, that I haven't got back to. I'm not trying to be rude... my server was experiencing technical difficulties (and has been for about 4-months now), and I had limited, to-NO internet service for the past 3-days. It's back up now, and I hope, for their sake, it's permanent.
mad.gif
I'm seriously looking at a new service-provider.

Again: my apologies to those interested, who I missed in sorting through almost 3-days of emails. Please try again, if you are still interested.

Package price is now $125-US, plus $10-US, for shipping to Canada, and Continental-US (if you live outside of this; such as Alaska, Puerto Rico, or Hawaii; send me a PM or email, for a shipping quote).

Peace!

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
Sale pending.....

Apr 8, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #12 of 12

courierdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
Sold!

Bye-bye Mini Head...Hello SR 325i!
biggrin.gif

Thanks to all for their interest!