1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FS: Schiit Yggdrasil A1

Next

Last
Trader History (5)
  1. LeMat
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    Letting go this reference level DAC which needs no introduction.
    It's a A1 version, 110V, and is in excellent condition. No visible scratch or marks.
    It obviously comes with the original double box.
    Why am I selling it? Because life happens :) I just had a baby girl and won't have time to listen to music (in audiophile conditions) any time soon. As crazy as it sounds, a simple UE boom 3 will suffice....

Paypal - add 4%

Thanks

IMG-0518.JPG
    IMG-0507 copy.jpg
    IMG-0504.JPG
    -----------
    If some background information is really required...

– Stereophile : https://www.stereophile.com/content/sch … -processor : « Which sounds best: CDs? SACDs? Hi-rez downloads? I am a lifelong gearhead audiophile, and by 1992 I had embraced CDs and collected them with childlike enthusiasm. Now, all I desire is a simple audio system that plays real music, via headphones or loudspeakers, with conspicuous palpability, precise temporality, and poetic insight. The Schiit Yggdrasil DAC does all that. I think it would do a magnificent job of anchoring a giant-killing budget system »

– The Absolute sound (http://www.theabsolutesound.com/article … ac/?page=3) « I don’t know how Schiit Audio has done it, but the $2300 Yggy is in many ways competitive with any DAC I’ve heard regardless of price. In some criteria—transient speed without etch, clarity of musical line, whole-body involvement—the Yggy is as good as digital gets. Yet the Yggy’s bold incisiveness may not resonate with listeners who prefer a more relaxed and easygoing sound. I, however, have no such reservation; this is a DAC I could listen to and enjoy for a long time. In fact, there was something different about the Yggy that pushed my buttons—I felt a musical exhilaration that was experienced not as some intellectual abstraction, but at a more fundamentally visceral level »

– Sound Stage Hifi (https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.ph … -2-upgrade) « The Yggdrasil provided beautiful, musical sound even when fed challenging recordings from digital’s early days. Clear imaging, large and solid soundstaging, linear frequency response, and a particularly fabulous midrange all make the Schiit Yggdrasil an excellent DAC at any price »

– Computer Audiophile (https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/r … ac-review/) : « It’s one of my favorite DACs available today. In fact, I will happily mention the Yggdrasil in the same sentence as some of my other favorites, the Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC RS ($16,000) and the EMM Labs DAC2X ($15,500), when talking to fellow audio enthusiasts. The Yggdrasil is one of those products that subtly grabs hold of the listener, yet the listener is the one who can’t let go. I couldn’t stop listening through the Yggdrasil enough to write this review on time. The Yggdrasil is a musically addictive drug without the expense and potential repercussions. When something is this enjoyable and the consequences of continuing its use aren’t dire, the result is a foregone conclusion. More listening. The Yggdrasil has a rare ability to reproduce acoustic music on a level with some of the best DACs I’ve heard »

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    grokit likes this.
  2. tommytakis
    congrats on becoming a father! Free bump for ya :)

LeMat likes this.
  3. LeMat
    Thanks tommytakis!!

4. LeMat
    bump

5. NNewman
    Hello. Can it be used here in Europe? Does it have a switch 110/220?

6. LeMat
    There is no 110V/220V switch, however, you can use a step down converter. The Yggy is just 45w and won't require a bulky and expensive transformer.

Ultimately, if you're interested in upgrading it to the Analogue 2 version, Schiit is partnering with a service centre based in NL. I'm sure they can do the mod so you can use it in native 220v.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  7. LeMat
    Bump!

8. senorx12562
    Congrats on the new addition. Parenting is the hardest, best thing I have done in my life. GLWS.

9. LeMat
    Thanks! I can definitely concur in the hard side of things :wink: still learning the ropes of parenting... Very steep learning curve! Hoping this sale to go smoothly.

10. LeMat
    Price dropped

11. LeMat
    bump!

12. LeMat
    bump

13. Power1
    Interested! Is this Usb gen 5 :)

14. LeMat
    No USB Gen5. Based on all the reviews, I decided to use the coax input using a Singxer F1.

15. LeMat
    bump
    Note to those interested in the Gen5, you can easily install it yourself for $100.

Next

Last