FS: Re-wired Omega Minuets
Apr 23, 2006 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jbucla2005

1000+ Head-Fier
These beautiful speakers were made for me by Louis of Omega Loud Speakers probably about a year ago. I have enjoyed them immensely but have decided to move on to a different speaker.
rig.jpg

Link to site with further info and specs:
http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com/Minuet.htm

The wood cabinets are in very clean condition, and the speakers have been re-wired using Luminous Audio Rennasiance speaker wire -- I cut up the speaker wire and used pieces to rewire the insides of the Minuets and connect the wires directly to them by removing the parts of the speaker that allow you to screw in speaker wire. I realize that this lowers the resale value and that is why I am going to offer them for a special price. I am asking only $600 shipped or $525 local pickup for these considering the fact that the speakers have been modified for rewiring direct to the driver, and also one of the wires on one side is broken and had to be wrapped up and taped. Remember, the speakers are $750 new and the cables $200 new. Once in place these speakers sound great and I do not experience any issues with intermittant sound. I am accepting any offers, even trades, on these. I am in the Los Angeles area and welcome people to come audition them and if you pick them up from me I will include the pair of Sanus speaker stands.

Also, if you want me to have them sent back to Louis first to have them restored to stock condition that can be arranged. PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

Apr 25, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 3

Jbucla2005

1000+ Head-Fier
price drop to $350. I am using other speakers right now anyway and I don't want them. Despite the ghettoness of the wire situation they work great and can always be rewired again if necessary, its very easy to do!

Users who are viewing this thread