FS: Penguin Amp (UK/EU) SOLD
Jul 26, 2010 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

losteden

New Head-Fier
After buying Bencrest's iBasso D4 Mamba, my faithful Penguin Amp is somewhat surplus to requirements & deserves a new owner who will fully appreciate it.

For those of you who haven't come across this particular unit before, it uses the LM6171 opamp, 1% thin film resistors, 3300uF Nichicon caps, has an Alps pot, runs from a 9v battery & even has a built-in battery charger. This unit was one of the last of the original design before Robert Gehrke moved onto the new blue PCB design. I bought this new from Robert in late 2006 & have always taken very good care of it. The case has some light scratches/dents & a bit of rust around the edges, which I've tried to show in the photos, but internally & sonically it is perfect. Robert used to offer a service where he would sell you a pre-drilled case to transplant the components of your amp into, which he might still oblige if you ask him nicely. He also offers a trade-in service against his newer amps, for which I think this particular amp is worth $50.

I'll include a 9v battery & the original owner's manual, but I'm afraid I can't include a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

Asking £30 delivered in the UK, delivery to the mainland will be a bit more so please ask for a quote. My feedback here.

Users who are viewing this thread