FS: PCDP stand
Mar 22, 2006 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Guys,

I'd really like to sell the Kenwood PCDP stand I won on eBay awhile back -- thread here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152842

stand1.jpg

My problem is, I don't know what to charge for it. I didn't pay much, but only because I really lucked out and nobody else bid -- it was over the holiday season last year.

I will take offers for this stand -- make me an offer I can't refuse and it's yours
wink.gif
. Otherwise, I'll take offers for a while and then sell to the person who submits the highest offer. Don't know any other way to do this, as it appears to be a one-of-a-kind item and very rare. Please read the above linked thread for more information.

I can take Paypal (non-credit-card only, which means either from an existing balance or an "instant transfer" from your bank account), or a money order. I'll charge you the actual shipping cost (via UPS ground), so offers made should be "before shipping" amounts. Continental U.S./Canada highly preferred, unless you can pay me in U.S. funds and pay for shipping (it's pretty heavy, 3 or 4 kg).

Please PM or Email me if you're interested. Thanks...

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #3 of 8

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Received. Guys, just so there's no shock I'm hoping for offers in the $50-$75 range (before shipping). Does this sound like a lot? This stand is (A) not even merely rare, I've never seen or heard of another stand specifically made for PCDPs before. If anyone comes across info on another, please let me know. (B) Very heavy, solid and downright gorgeous looking to hold and show off a PCDP, and (C) once I sell it, there's almost no hope of ever being able to find another one again for myself, ever. This last one is the big one for me, and I know someone who pays a decent price will give it a good home.

Maybe I'm doing a silly thing, trying to sell an item like this on head-fi. Except this is where the demand is more likely to be, or so it seems to me. I'll leave it open for awhile, and hopefully someone agrees with me that it's worth what I'm looking for. Then I'll try the eBay crowd (urrrgh). In the end, I wonder if I'll just end up keeping it and bringing it to head-fi meets to display my favorite PCDP(s).

Mar 22, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 8

erikzen

06 National Meet Co-Coordinator
100% THD and S/N = 0
It's definitely cool and unique. I'm just wondering how practical it is. Is there any way to secure the PCDP on the stand or does it just stay there via gravity? Is the base that the PCDP sits on metal or some kind of non-slip surface like rubber, or something?

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:49 AM Post #5 of 8

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Sale Pending

The stand has four small rubbery/felty things on top to hold the PCDP somewhat steady, but I used it with strong double-sided tape to hold on the player (invisible unless you look carefully). There's nothing on the bottom to protect furniture etc., but it probably wouldn't be needed because of the way the stand sits with the weight resting on a wide front area and small area in the back.

Mar 23, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 8

mrarroyo

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
It's definitely cool and unique. I'm just wondering how practical it is. Is there any way to secure the PCDP on the stand or does it just stay there via gravity? Is the base that the PCDP sits on metal or some kind of non-slip surface like rubber, or something?

You could always use velcro or blue tack. I would have thought more alone the lines of $20 to $25 plus S&H. Of course it does not matter, you already have a buyer. Good luck.

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #7 of 8

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
You could always use velcro or blue tack. I would have thought more alone the lines of $20 to $25 plus S&H. Of course it does not matter, you already have a buyer. Good luck.

At that price I would have just kept it. Hardly worth even going to the post office... that's what, a few days worth of food.

Things are worth what people are willing to pay... apparently $20-$25 is all you'd pay for it, which is fair enough. Personally I would have paid $75 to match it with a nice vintage Kenwood PCDP and have a full setup.

Users who are viewing this thread