FS: Oritek (OMZ) v4.0 DAC (Zhaolu 2.5a)
Nov 6, 2008 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rogue

100+ Head-Fier
I'm selling my gently-used, ~1 year old OMZ DAC simply due to an upgrade. I'm the original owner, and it has been kept in a non-smoking home. This is the version 4.0 (silver faceplate), which has the working optical input (along with the standard coaxial), and is based on the Zhaolu 2.5a DAC.

I would rate it an 8/10 since there is a small blemish on the faceplate from cleaning. Also, all OMZ DACs have the 'signal lock' issue, where, depending on the source, they do not instantly lock onto the digital signal when turned on. This is normal, and is easily resolved by turning off the DAC, waiting ~8-9 seconds, and then turning it back on =)

I think no words need to be said regarding the quality of this DAC, especially the price-performance ratio. It comes with the original box/packaging, as well as the included power cable.

Price: SOLD ! (USA lower 48 only, otherwise shipping will be extra)

Payment: Non-CC PayPal only please! I will split the fee with you.

My feedback can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f12/rogue-63769/

As always, thanks for looking!
rogue

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 6

rogue

100+ Head-Fier
Bump! Price drop =)

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 6

rogue

100+ Head-Fier
Bump! Back up for sale.

Please note that the OMZ DACs sometimes do not instantly lock onto the digital input signal when being turned on. This is a design issue, and not something that is wrong with my dac!

This is easily resolved by turning the DAC off, waiting about 8-10 seconds, and then turning it on again
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread