FS: NEC CD-903
post-207664
Post #1 of 8

zzz

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Nice player from the previous decade. Very rare beast. NEC made only a few dozen of these players for the sole reason of demonstrating their technological superiority. Most of these players were designed to work in Japan, hence required 100V input voltage. Only a handful were made for North America and this is one of those.

* two pairs of RCA outputs (positive and inverted),
* XLR balanced outs,
* 4 DACs,
* completely separate transport and D/A sections (different power supplies, connected inside through optical),
* motorized stepped attenuator output level control (0..-30db),
* adjustable polarity of the output,
* remote,
* pretty nice built-in headphone amplifier,
* and a bunch of other stuff that I forgot about.

What's more, all that works! Selling only because it's too heavy for me to lug it around and thus it has to sit unused at my parent's place.

Player comes with the manual, remote control, and original (yes, after that many years) box.

You'll be paying actual shipping cost, 'cause this beast is *real*heavy* (around 60lbs) and there aren't any flat-rates for that kind of packages.

If you're interested, drop me a note, and we'll discuss the price.

post-207685
Post #2 of 8

akar

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
ygpm

post-208245
Post #3 of 8

zzz

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
bump

post-214755
Post #4 of 8

zzz

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
own a smooth-sounding piece o' history!

$220 + shipping.

post-6554946
Post #5 of 8

georgelouis

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Please give me a quote for the NEC CD-903 with remote. You may reply via email to gslouis@gslouis.com or call toll free 888-588-9542 7-days a week between 9AM and 11:45PM Pacific Time. You may also see who I am at my website: www.UltraBitPlatinum.com

Best regards,

George S. Louis, CEO

Digital Systems & Solutions Quote:

Originally Posted by zzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice player from the previous decade. Very rare beast. NEC made only a few dozen of these players for the sole reason of demonstrating their technological superiority. Most of these players were designed to work in Japan, hence required 100V input voltage. Only a handful were made for North America and this is one of those.

* XLR balanced outs,
* 4 DACs,
* completely separate transport and D/A sections (different power supplies, connected inside through optical),
* remote,

What's more, all that works! Selling only because it's too heavy for me to lug it around and thus it has to sit unused at my parent's place.

Player comes with the manual, remote control, and original (yes, after that many years) box.

You'll be paying actual shipping cost, 'cause this beast is *real*heavy* (around 60lbs) and there aren't any flat-rates for that kind of packages.

post-6554948
Post #6 of 8

georgelouis

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Please give me a quote for the NEC CD-903 with remote. You may reply via email to gslouis@gslouis.com or call toll free 888-588-9542 7-days a week between 9AM and 11:45PM Pacific Time. You may also see who I am at my website: UltraBitPlatinum.com

Best regards,

George S. Louis, CEO

Digital Systems & Solutions Quote:

Originally Posted by zzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

* XLR balanced outs,
* 4 DACs,
* remote,

post-6555044
Post #7 of 8

ljokerl

Portables Reviewerus Prolificus
Reaction score
post-6555076
Post #8 of 8

m11a1

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
bump of the century...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)