Shipping Destinations
United States
post-14460493
Post #1 of 8

bcowen

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
****Sold****

Excellent condition both cosmetically and operationally. Included are the original box with foam inserts, velour storage bag, the 6' cable with XLR connector that came with the 'phones, and as an added bonus a 6' DUM (Distinctly Un-Magical) upgrade cable with 1/4" phono plug connector. The DUM cable is $199 by itself, and I'm including this with the package as an added bonus!

Insured USPS Priority mail shipping is included in the price, and shipping only to US addresses please. Let me know if any questions or if you would like additional photos of anything. Great deal for an awesome pair of headphones!

Phones.jpg

Left Cup.jpg

Right Cup.jpg

Cables.jpg

All.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cripple1
post-14460768
Post #2 of 8

crayons23

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
i am interested. i recently for about 4 months had a some ether flow closed that i ultimitaly decided
where not as good as my hd 800s and could not justify for the price however these are priced more reasonably. how would you compare them to the ether flow c?

post-14460941
Post #3 of 8

bcowen

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
i am interested. i recently for about 4 months had a some ether flow closed that i ultimitaly decided
where not as good as my hd 800s and could not justify for the price however these are priced more reasonably. how would you compare them to the ether flow c?
I haven't heard the Ethers so can't tell you....sorry!

post-14465370
Post #4 of 8

TypodCrowd

Member of the Trade: Modder
Reaction score
I've owned both ot these at the same time. The EFC are much more balanced in their sound production; they give a less aggressive presentation of the mids and low-treble range compared to the AP. Further, the AP's bass is iconic. In my limited bass-head can experience, the AP to me are my ultimate bass headphone period. I'm a true believer in reference-type listening, and for that reason; the EFC beat out the AP for me in SQ. (I have a silver dragon cable I use on my EFC to get back that etheral bass whenever i miss the AP sound signature. If you're really interested PM me - I may be interested to sell.)

By no means is the AP a cheap build; it is solid and can definitely take some knocking around. However, the EFC's design is much more refined and professional. The AP can be extremely uncomfortable to wear for long periods depending on the condition of the pads and the shape of your head; for me i got used to the discomfort becuase the sound was amazing. Although I love the fit of the EFC an order of magnitude more than the fit of the AP; the comfort was actually not one of the reasons I let my AP go. Neither was the build quality.

In brief summation, the EFC take the overall win for me in terms of balanced reproduction of all the freq spectrum; the lack of fatigue when listening to the sound of the headphone; the greatly increased comfort of the headphone, and the over all production quality of the build. Once again, this is an objective opinion and in no way should be the only source of your decision. If I had enough money to throw around, I'd buy the AP again (I've bought and sold them twice already. I fkin loved them.), but the EFC are my personal endgame closed can (at least for now).

Also to note; with the AP: The amp is EVERYTHING. Use a powerful amp; they suck down current like oil in sand. The higher current output that your headphone amp has, the better these will sound. I was driving them with The Wire (SE-SE). When I sold my second pair, I sold my friend The Wire so he could drive his newly bought AP with it. The output of the modified version of the amp I built was 2.4W per channel into 63ohms. On the go, I used my LH Labs GO2PRO balanced output which could feed it 1W per channel when required; I would never use anything less. It needs power. Please give it power. That is all.

Hope this helps,
Nelly

post-14465501
Post #5 of 8

crayons23

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I've owned both ot these at the same time. The EFC are much more balanced in their sound production; they give a less aggressive presentation of the mids and low-treble range compared to the AP. Further, the AP's bass is iconic. In my limited bass-head can experience, the AP to me are my ultimate bass headphone period. I'm a true believer in reference-type listening, and for that reason; the EFC beat out the AP for me in SQ. (I have a silver dragon cable I use on my EFC to get back that etheral bass whenever i miss the AP sound signature. If you're really interested PM me - I may be interested to sell.)

By no means is the AP a cheap build; it is solid and can definitely take some knocking around. However, the EFC's design is much more refined and professional. The AP can be extremely uncomfortable to wear for long periods depending on the condition of the pads and the shape of your head; for me i got used to the discomfort becuase the sound was amazing. Although I love the fit of the EFC an order of magnitude more than the fit of the AP; the comfort was actually not one of the reasons I let my AP go. Neither was the build quality.

In brief summation, the EFC take the overall win for me in terms of balanced reproduction of all the freq spectrum; the lack of fatigue when listening to the sound of the headphone; the greatly increased comfort of the headphone, and the over all production quality of the build. Once again, this is an objective opinion and in no way should be the only source of your decision. If I had enough money to throw around, I'd buy the AP again (I've bought and sold them twice already. I fkin loved them.), but the EFC are my personal endgame closed can (at least for now).

Also to note; with the AP: The amp is EVERYTHING. Use a powerful amp; they suck down current like oil in sand. The higher current output that your headphone amp has, the better these will sound. I was driving them with The Wire (SE-SE). When I sold my second pair, I sold my friend The Wire so he could drive his newly bought AP with it. The output of the modified version of the amp I built was 2.4W per channel into 63ohms. On the go, I used my LH Labs GO2PRO balanced output which could feed it 1W per channel when required; I would never use anything less. It needs power. Please give it power. That is all.

Hope this helps,
Nelly
Sounds good to me actually, how is the fit compared to efc? I found efc to uncomfortable on the dome of my head. I have a large head I guess. How is the soundstage compared to efc? Thanks for the input! I have the rogue rh 5 so plenty of power.

Last edited:
post-14465880
Post #6 of 8

TypodCrowd

Member of the Trade: Modder
Reaction score
Sounds good to me actually, how is the fit compared to efc? I found efc to uncomfortable on the dome of my head. I have a large head I guess. How is the soundstage compared to efc? Thanks for the input! I have the rogue rh 5 so plenty of power.
IMO, the EFC have a slightly larger sound stage, giving them a more accurate representation of the placement of instruments, etc. Neither of the cans artificially adds soundstage or diffuse field properties to the sound. That should be noted.

The fit of the AP is tight. That's about the only way to describe it - clamp force is fairly strong. I never tried stretching the band to reduce the clamp force - YMMV.

post-14471873
Post #7 of 8

bcowen

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Bumpage....

post-14482585
Post #8 of 8

bcowen

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Bump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)