FS: Millett Hybrid w/ STEPS PSU
Jul 21, 2008 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sebastian589

500+ Head-Fier
Well I have slowly been listening less and less to music on headphones (new speaker set-up and lack of time) and on top of that I need money as I will be studying abroad next semester. With the exchange rate the way it is these days I'm afraid this amp is going to have to be sold. I have had the amp for a year, I am the second owner. I have put about 50 hours on, with that time split pretty evenly between the two pairs of tubes included. All the info you'll likely need to know is provided in the link below, but don't hesitate to ask any additional questions.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/so...ssfeed-239093/

I'm asking for 200 USD considering parts alone were about 250, this a good deal for an amp, especially when you throw in the PSU

EDIT: I should add that with low impendance headphones such as the Grado's I've coupled the amp with there is a hiss when changing the volume, but only when changing the volume, otherwise this puppy is as quiet as a mime.

Jul 22, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 6

MaloS

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this problem with the heat rising with the transistor dangerous if the case is left closed?

No. These amps get pretty hot but they are designed to run like that.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 6

Enthusia

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. These amps get pretty hot but they are designed to run like that.

How can you answer this, you do not have the amp.

This is what the last owner said.
Quote:

Well, its fine running closed, but the bias on the diamond buffer needs to be monitored. As the transistors heat up, the voltage increases, which creates more heat... as you can see, its something to watch. It can be managed, but I like to run without the top on just for my own peace of mind

I want the owner to post some of his opinions on this.

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 6

MaloS

Headphoneus Supremus
Meh - I had an identical amp, but the owner definitely should add his thoughts.

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 6

sebastian589

500+ Head-Fier
I ran the amp closed for a couple months, it does get warm, but I highly, highly doubt it would be a problem. I run it with the top off because I like being able to see the insides of the amp and enjoy the extra glow of the tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread