FS: MILLET HYBRID MINIMAX and SOLD Ultrasone HFI-780
Sep 16, 2009 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MACDRU

Head-Fier
I am looking to sell my Millet Hybrid Minimax headphone amp. It is black and comes with all boutique parts. All the capacitors are Nichicon and Nichicon Muse ES. It has the same custom made case that comes with the one sold at Whiplash Audio for $449. It is basically the same amp but with Nichicon capacitors instead of Panasonic or Black gate. It has about 10 hours of burn in. I am looking to get $350 shipped OBO through Paypal (i cover the fees). I also have a set of SOLD Ultrasone HFI-780 cans I would like to get rid of. They probably have 20 hours on them and are in near mint condition with no visible wear. Make me an offer for them. I will post pics of my amp tomorrow, but it looks exactly like the one in the photo. The only seller feedback is through ebay, so check it out: LINK

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 7

rds

Headphoneus Supremus
You're even using the Whiplash Audio picture
tongue.gif

"Basically the same" is misleading here. The Black Gate NX caps in the Whiplash version cost $30 for a pair whereas the Nichicons cost $3, as an example of the differences. Also, output transistors can be an important difference between MiniMax amps.
Probably best to use your own image and state the specs of your amp.

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 7

MACDRU

Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're even using the Whiplash Audio picture
tongue.gif

"Basically the same" is misleading here. The Black Gate NX caps in the Whiplash version cost $30 for a pair whereas the Nichicons cost $3, as an example of the differences. Also, output transistors can be an important difference between MiniMax amps.
Probably best to use your own image and state the specs of your amp.

You are wrong, like I said I am not using Black gate capacitors. Prior amps sold by whiplash used nichicon muse es caps when they sold it for $399. Just because Black gates are costly, doesn't mean they offer better quality or sound. If you read the description I am putting up pics today. Please read and don't act like a moron.

Sep 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 7

rhester

500+ Head-Fier
There are huge differences in the caps in this amp (BG will get you every ounce of detail and timbre available from the source). The Muse will get you more low end, but lack some of the grace and extension of the BGs. And rds is correct that the output transistors that are used play a very big part of the sound of these amps. Give some details and quit being a baby when somebody calls you on a valid point.

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 7

Barbarous

100+ Head-Fier
The OP makes clear his amp has the same case as the one in the photo, and that the photo is not of his amp, and that the caps in his amp are different; I don't see how that is misleading. What the output transistors are? There's a worthwhile question. Misleading? Moron? Baby? Not so worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread