Currency
Euro
Price
post-10896653
Post #1 of 2

AlterAnthony

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I am selling my beloved Meier Audio Corda Opera. It was the first amp created by Meier Audio that featured the so-called "balanced ground" technology. This technology offers some of the advantages of balanced drive while using single-ended connections (no headphone cable retermination needed).
The Opera also includes a handy and quite competent DAC section based around the Burr-Brown PCM1794 chip.

It is truly a wonderfully sounding unit, both as a standalone amp and as a DAC/amp combo, that, unfortunately, doesn't fit my listening habits any more. The amp was bought in 2007, but has only been used lightly for the past few years. It is in immaculate condition.

Some standout features:
  1. preamplifier functionality (volume controlled)
  2. two stereo analog inputs (RCA), one USB and one coaxial S/PDIF digital input
  3. separate headphone outputs with low and high impedance
  4. high/low gain switch
  5. Meier's proprietary crossfeed circuitry
  6. switchable mains power (110/220 V).

Additional, detailed information about the Opera can be found here: Head-Fi Product Section
The original product page: Meier Audio
A nicely written review which reflects my opinion of the amp: Review by Iron_Dreamer

The amp comes in its original packaging and I will also include a USB cable, a coaxial S/PDIF cable, and a pair of RCA interconnects.

I can ship to anywhere in the world, but I'd prefer to sell to someone within the EU (the amp is located in Croatia). Buyer will cover shipping charges and I'll take care of PayPal fees.

P.S. The Opera has been safely stored in its original packaging for the last year and a half, so the unit in the picture is not my own. If required, I can take new photos for proof of the amps' condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)