FS: Mcintosh C28 preamp/headamp
Mar 11, 2006 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BigD

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm listing my beloved 1972 Mcintosh C28 preamp/headamp. I'm the 2nd owner of this Mc. These machines are built-like tank and beauty of its own. This unit has been updated and serviced fully a year ago by the official Mcintosh technician listed on their website. Also the receipt is included for proof. It's in perfect working conditon. The C28 is in excellent cosmetic condtion as well with original service stickers from 1970s. All light bulbs are in order too. If you need a good preamp with headphone amp feature, look no further. This Mc also has a rare center channel capability.

Asking $OLD plus shipping within lower 48 states. I accept paypal, money order and cash. Please PM me for any inquiry. Below is the description. If you want to inquire other info, check www.classicaudio.com for its valutation.

C 28 Stereo Preamplifier
ELECTRICAL: Response 20-20kHz (+0 -0.5dB). Distortion 0.1%. Noise and hum -90dB aux, -78dB phono. Output rated 2.5V. Output impedance 100 ohms. Load impedance 47k. Input sensitivity & impedance: aux 0.25V at 250k, 2mV at 47k, mic 2.5mV at 500k. Tone controls: bass +20dB to -20dB, treble +18 to-18dB. Center channel output 1.25V. Headphone amplifier 0.75V at 8 ohms. LF filter 50Hz at 12dB/octave. HF filter 7kHz at 12dB/octave. Bass trim controls boost up to 6dB below 100Hz. Voltage gain 20dB aux, 62dB phono.

FRONT PANEL: Glass panel. Illuminated. Balance, Comp: pres, flat loud. Input selector with indicator lights: aux, tuner, phono 1, and phono 2, mic, tape hd. Mode selector with indicator lights: L to L+R, R to L+R, stereo rev, stereo, mono (L+R), L+R to L and L+R to R. Volume with power switch. Separate treble and bass controls each channel. Pushbutton switches with indicator lights: tape 1 and tape 2, tape copy: 1 to 2 or 2 to 1, Filters: LF, HF. Speaker off: main, remote. Headphone jack, Tape input jack, Tape output jack.

TOP PANEL: Bass trim, Headphone level, output level, phono 1 and phono 2 level controls, center channel level, power amp switch: on or off.

BACK PANEL: Speaker remote control socket. Inputs: aux, tuner, tape 1, tape 2, tape head, mic, phono 1 and phono 2. Outputs: center, main (2 pair), tape 1 and tape 2, line. Ground binding post. AC outlets: 4 switched at front panel, 2 switched at top panel, 1 unswitched. Fuse, Panloc mounting.

My feedback: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...highlight=BigD

My other listing: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...55#post1978555

SOLD

Users who are viewing this thread