FS: Little Dot MkVI Balanced tube amplifier (UK) **SALE PENDING**
Nov 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Parafeed

100+ Head-Fier
FS: Little Dot MkVI Balanced tube amplifier (UK)

Purchased direct from LD, 09/2008. Excellent condition. All original spec, except the 2x 80mm fans have been replaced. (Original, "noisy" industrial fans removed and replaced with Xilence Red Wing 80mm Quiet Fans.) I will also include a matched pair of vintage VT-229's as well as the "stock" Russian 6SL7's.

This is the MkVI, not the 6+. Balanced ONLY! ie. it doesn't have single ended inputs or output. Input is 2x 3pin XLR. Output is 1x 4 pin XLR (front panel) or 2x 3pin XLR (rear panel).

LD_MKVI__1__800.jpg

LD_MKVI__2__800.jpg

Asking price is £420. Price includes insured shipping to mainland UK address. Payment via direct transfer to bank account or PayPal. (If paying via PayPal, price is plus 3.9%. ie. buyer pays the PayPal transaction fees.)

NB. Feedback links in my sig.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 12

Parafeed

100+ Head-Fier
To save being asked the same questions over and over again....

Headphone suitability: The LD MK VI amplifier should be used with med->high impedance phones, starting at 250R Beyers, 300R Senns are fine, and 600R Beyers. It is not suited to low impedance phones. eg. Grado, Denon.

Price: A couple of people have commented that I am asking too much for this amplifier. You need to add the shipping cost from Asia to the amp price and the VAT/duty/customs clearance fee to arrive at a final price it will cost you to "import" a new one. Amp cost: $699. Shipping cost: $130. Duty: £100. Total cost to import a new one to the UK is approx. £620! Please consider that my asking price of £420 (a third off the delivered new price) includes shipping and VAT, for an amplifier that has not had much use, is in as-new condition, has been "upgraded" to quiet 80mm fans, and includes a vintage matched pair of VT-229's.

Trades: I'm not interested in trades as the reason for the sale is that I am trying to reduce the number of headphones and amps I own.

Reason for sale: Just trying to reduce the number of headphone components I own. There are no undeclared faults or issues with the amp! It is in perfect working order.

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 12

Parafeed

100+ Head-Fier
Amplifier is still for sale. Unfortunately, I have cleared my inbox again. If you expressed interest before, but I told you the amplifier was sold, please PM me again. The proposed sale has fallen through.

NB. I will not ship internationally if you pay by PayPal unless the amplifier is insured for the full value and is shipped using a service which is trackable. The stated price includes UK shipping. International shipping is expensive and needs to be paid for by the buyer.

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #10 of 12

orys

100+ Head-Fier
still pending?

Users who are viewing this thread