USD
Price
post-9159071
Post #1 of 3

sk3383

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After much consideration and anguish, I have decided to take a huge loss and part with my absolutely mint condition Denon AH-D2000 Headphones. I am the original owner. I have all receipts and warranty information. I primarly use my stereo system at home, and my desktop headphones hardly ever get used. The Denon's have been sitting in the box for well over 6 months. They have an estimated 40 hours of use on them. Coming from a pet and smoke free home.

These headphones have been customized from original. All original parts will be including (earpads, cable, box, manual, etc.)

Denon AH-D2000 ($402.49 - Total price including 15% Sales Tax - Purchased From Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto)
  1. JMoney Lambskin Earpads ($120 including Shipping, Taxes and Duties)
  2. Denon AH-D7000 Cable - 7NOFC Oxygen Free Copper - Purchased Directly From Lawton Audio ($50 Shipped)
  3. Lawton Audio's Fully Seasoned, Completely DampedAfrican Wenge New Luthier Tonewoods Premium Custom Cups with Deluxe Museum Grade Hi Gloss Finish ($289 including Shipping)

I did not choose to do the "markl" modification, which comprises of damping the actual drivers. I did not want to do a modification that could not be undone for warranty reasons.

Custom cups are purchased not only for aesthetics, but they can also be used to slightly alter the sound signature of the headphones. The Denon AH-D2000 sound incredible in their stock configuration. I did find that the bass was slightly uncontrolled and the tonality to be slightly tipped up or dry sounding. I decided on the African Wenge to help tighten the bass and bring the tonality to a more organic/natural presentation.

Mark described the African Wenge as a super board, softer and less dense than normal wenge, right in the sweet spot of their application. Provides a dash of warmth and bit of mellow-ness. Please note I did opt for the additional damping of the wooded cups.

Here is a link to more information:
http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page14.html

I have approximately $860 invested in these headphones!!

ASKING $SOLD!!! + Shipping (local sale encouraged, we can meet to save on shipping costs and time)
(price includes paypal fees)

I am a long time head-fi member, and I do have feedback here. I have not done any transactions since head-fi redesigned their website.
Here is a link to my feedback thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/470038/sk3383

Sadly I will also be selling my HiFiMAN HE-500. I will post it up for sale in the near future. Also in absolutely mint condition. PM me if interested.

post-9159094
Post #2 of 3

MannerPylon

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
That's a great price. If only you were 3 weeks earlier I would've run at you with cash for a local sale.

Best of luck with the sale.

post-9159203
Post #3 of 3

sk3383

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate it!!

I think its a very fair price. I priced it very competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)